Return to Baseball Leftovers

Koch!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EK711 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Zito is God wrote:Dropped Koch in favor of spot starting strategy again. lol. :-D

And he should still be there waiting for you to pick him up if you dare to do so later ;-) .
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:31 pm

Hey guys, Koch wasn't that bad. He had some control problems and gave up one lousy single. His velocity was there today as he was 94-96 on his fastball. No, he's no Gagne, Wagner or even as good as Graves. But he's good for some saves if you can handle the hit in ERA and WHIP. His 13 K's in 12.1 innings is pretty helpful too.

If you're going to burn someone at the stake for sucking, pick on MacDougal.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby fiz » Mon May 03, 2004 11:33 pm

bleach168 wrote:Hey guys, Koch wasn't that bad. He had some control problems and gave up one lousy single. His velocity was there today as he was 94-96 on his fastball. No, he's no Gagne, Wagner or even as good as Graves. But he's good for some saves if you can handle the hit in ERA and WHIP. His 13 K's in 12.1 innings is pretty helpful too.

If you're going to burn someone at the stake for sucking, pick on MacDougal.

i sort of agree with this. if he had some control (i know i know, if), it would be much better, but he allowed a bloopish single, while grabbing 2 Ks and being a few close calls away from a 3rd..
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -5)

Postby warrick95 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:53 pm

Well...wasn't that bad is kind of relative. Relative to not as bad as he was last year. I am still BEGGING OZZIE that he lets Marte close.

But seriously, his movement was decent today, compared to where it was in the past. His fastball wasn't that straight. Still, he was pretty hittable. Control was all over the place, too, but he snuck some pitches in at the corners, which was nice.

Takatsu may be next in line. He sucked in ST but is looking sharp in games.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby kcs261 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:56 pm

After walking one batter, I thought Koch got robbed of a third strike call on a final out -- prior to walking the other two batters and getting in a mess. His pitches actually looked and not very hittable. That said, you have to throw strikes.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby hybrid » Tue May 04, 2004 1:51 am

kcs261 wrote:After walking one batter, I thought Koch got robbed of a third strike call on a final out -- prior to walking the other two batters and getting in a mess. His pitches actually looked and not very hittable. That said, you have to throw strikes.

I agree, after walking the first batter he struck out the next 2 and could of struck out surhoff if he had gotten the call. His stuff looked good though. To me he looks like he doesn't trust his stuff as much as he should. It seems like he is trying to hard to throw it to an exact spot, instead of just making a good pitch and letting them put it in play. In other words he tries to strike everyone out instead of pitching to contact.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers