Page 1 of 1

Please rank these if you dont mind....

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:04 am
by tmoney
I know you all hate this, but I need some advice. I am going to drop one for Valverde who will clear waivers tonight. Please rate these if you feel up to it (5x5 roto). Who would you drop?
Jody Gerut
Jay Gibbons
Jose Guillen
or.... just drop Terry Adams instead?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:06 am
by warrick95
Just drop Adams. He's terrible.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:07 am
by DieHardCubbie
Bye Terry.... :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:07 am
by KolbSaves
terry adams, I mean c'mon it's Terry Adams

3 or 4 closer CBC in Toronto, the situation is not solid

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:28 am
by tmoney
Bump.... I was thinking of dropping Adams, but I am desparate for saves. I am guessing he wont be much help to me, especially since he is on Toronto. But, is it a concensus to drop him in this situation?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:36 am
by EK711
I can't argue with those opinions. If Adams was an iffy closer, but had a secure job then maybe one of those outfielders could be an option. Until Adams could nail down the job (highly unlikely) then he's your man. Errr.... Not your man.

If you feel you have some outfielders to spare then consider the posibility of trading one or two to get some help in the saves department.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 am
by NZF
If I needed saves I would keep Adams and drop Gerut.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:07 am
by EK711
New Zealand Fan wrote:If I needed saves I would keep Adams and drop Gerut.


Not my Jody!!!.....

:-? :-?

Actually if I was forced to choose from that list Jody would have to go. No room for emotion and no crying in fantasy baseball :~( . ;-)

Just be ready to possibly pickup the next possible closer for toronto and be prepared for any WHIP and ERA hits you may take ;-D .


I'd still rather trade for someone with more job security though.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:21 am
by tmoney
EK711 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:If I needed saves I would keep Adams and drop Gerut.


Not my Jody!!!.....

:-? :-?

Actually if I was forced to choose from that list Jody would have to go. No room for emotion and no crying in fantasy baseball :~( . ;-)

Just be ready to possibly pickup the next possible closer for toronto and be prepared for any WHIP and ERA hits you may take ;-D .


I'd still rather trade for someone with more job security though.


Yea, I would hate to drop Gerut myself, but he is also the one I had picked out from the list. I dont like the idea of losing someone who is batting 4th in a lineup (I think he is still clean up). Plus he will get me some steals. I am deep at OF which is why I was considering dropping one of them. Right now I have Adams to be dropped, but I might change my mind in the next few hours before waivers clear. I dont know, I dont see Adams being too much help, but it is a start.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:25 am
by EK711
tmoney wrote:I dont like the idea of losing someone who is batting 4th in a lineup (I think he is still clean up).


He's batted 3rd all year and it looks like he'll stay there. Which is surprising with the amount of tweaking Wedge keeps doing to the lineup.