Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chances Danny Graves get traded?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chances Danny Graves get traded?

Postby foamposited » Tue May 04, 2004 10:26 pm

I have him right now and I am thinking about moving him if the chance of him being traded is pretty good. I really like him right now because my league starts 2 SP's 2 RP's and a P. So since he is a SP,RP I can start 4 closers when I don't have 2 starters going.
foamposited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Teddy K.G.B. » Tue May 04, 2004 10:29 pm

Ryan Wagner, the probable successor to the closer job in Cincy, has been dissapointing to say the least this year. I think they will deal an OF before they deal Graves.
Teddy K.G.B.
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed May 05, 2004 2:16 am

Graves will me moved before the All-star break .... Sooner if they can find somebody to absord that insane salary the previous management gave him
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby osb » Wed May 05, 2004 2:52 am

wrveres wrote:Graves will me moved before the All-star break .... Sooner if they can find somebody to absord that insane salary the previous management gave him

i agree, i don't think they will take the chance of the wheels falling off before they can get something of value for him...
osb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Postby thehat » Wed May 05, 2004 5:14 am

The Reds have already proven they will be happy to deal anyone if they can save a buck, and getting something of worth in return (other than cash) is of no meaning to them.

Remember that last season they were willing to deal A Boone for nothing more than long green till MLB said uh-uh. So they had to take a prospect as well.

This franchise is the McDonald's of baseball. They serve up shit to their customers, and hope to pay their employees as little as the law allows. The only difference appears to be that Reds fans are NOT stupid enough to keep going back for more. (sorry about the omission is the earlier post, did not mean to insult the fine fans of this once-proud franchise.)

This is a long way of saying that the Reds will trade Danny Graves as soon as they can get the most value for him at the cash register.
Last edited by thehat on Wed May 05, 2004 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby matmat » Wed May 05, 2004 5:20 am

thehat wrote:This franchise is the McDonald's of baseball. They serve up shit to their customers, and hope to pay their employees as little as the law allows. The only difference appears to be that Reds fans are stupid enough to keep going back for more.

now now... be nice... that makes boston what? the taco truck... you get to eat with a spork?

seriously though, the reds have some exciting young players, they have a young but talented pitching staff. part of the problem is that they have this money-pit in center field that has, thus far, been sucking money out of the pockets of the owner.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby thehat » Wed May 05, 2004 5:33 am

Sorry...left out a key word in the prior post that made it seem like I was ripping the Reds fans. Not the case, just a serious typo!!!
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby benjapage » Wed May 05, 2004 8:21 am

cheering for the reds makes my arse hurt. !+)

i am stupid enough to attend 15 or so games a year. my upbringing can be attributed to this sheep-like behavior. i do enjoy watching the spunk they show, but certain moves the organization has made (reitsma for bong/nelson comes to mind) have especially hurt.

i had no problem with the boone trade because we got claussen. that guy is good, and we need him more than we need boone. but keeping jimmy "heave-ho" haynes on a major league roster is LOODicrous. if he starts one more game this season, i'm tuning out. he is simply offensive. pay me one eighth of his salary to toss BP.

anyway, graves needs to go, too. his last save was secured by three warning-track fly balls. from a "ground-ball" pitcher. he stinks. and the closer position is too overrated, anyway. it's one inning. get a cheap guy who can pitch (like riedling, for instance, unless they trade him, too, which would leave us with no one), and have him do it.

the oakland athletics are incredible. that's all i have left to say. ;-D

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby stumpak » Wed May 05, 2004 8:31 am

Graves will be fantasy worthless by July because he will be setting up Rivera or Foulke or Wagner or Dotel someone. Best case scenario is that a contenders closer gets knocked out for the season and they are desperate enough to trade for Graves to fill the void.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby BronsonPinchot » Wed May 05, 2004 9:09 am

Graves isn't that good, guys. He just has a lot of saves. That doesn't mean every team in the league will be after the guy. Could he get traded? Yea. But the fact that he has had a shitload of save opporunities does NOT make him an amazing pitcher. I think mlb gm's , unlike fantasy players, will probably understand that, but who knows...
BronsonPinchot Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers