Return to Baseball Leftovers

An MLB Team for Rickey Henderson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An MLB Team for Rickey Henderson?

Postby Ry-Guy » Sat May 08, 2004 12:47 pm

After Rickey Henderson signed with the Newark Bears, I started to think about the MLB teams that could use him. I think he'd be a nice fit in Toronto. They really don't have a lead-off hitter and I noticed that Dave Berg is getting more playing time than he should in left-field. I know Rickey is a geezer but the guy can still get on base by drawing a walk, steal every now and then, and score a ton of runs. It seems like the Blue Jays could use a guy like that to jumpstart their potentially powerful lineup.

Catalanotto and Reed Johnson can still get some playing time and maybe Alexis Rios will be ready to come up after the All-Star break. Until then, Rickey Henderson could get Toronto back in the "running."
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sat May 08, 2004 12:55 pm

Henderson isnt a lead off hitter either so how does that help them.The guy is damn near 50 and has completely tarnished his legacy by doing these stupid comebacks.The only way I would sign him as a GM is if my entire farm system died.And even then I would look elsewhere first.
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

NOT A LEAD-OFF HITTER?

Postby Ry-Guy » Sat May 08, 2004 1:08 pm

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Henderson isnt a lead off hitter either so how does that help them.The guy is damn near 50 and has completely tarnished his legacy by doing these stupid comebacks.The only way I would sign him as a GM is if my entire farm system died.And even then I would look elsewhere first.

Are you kidding me? Not a lead-off hitter. I believe he is the definition of a lead-off hitter. He may be older than a bunch of managers in the league, but he's built like he 20-something. All he has to do is walk/get on base and there is no one in the history of the game better than him at that. (Barry Bonds could be an exception)
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sat May 08, 2004 1:35 pm

Are we talking about 15 years ago or today.I repeat he is not a leadoff hitter.He doesnt even belong on a major league roster.
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers