Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 10, 2004 6:49 pm

:,-(
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 10, 2004 7:39 pm

godallahstar wrote:wow. some of you are just completely brain-dead slash uninformed.

Weak. :-?

godallahstar wrote:this is his 2nd blown save. out of 12 chances.

Yes he has only blown two saves and if you need saves he's not a bad option. He's not a particulary good option for the other categories.

godallahstar wrote:most of his Earned Runs have come in awkward situations, tied games, or random outings.

Random outings? Awkward situations? What does that mean? I know Herges isn't really a closer but shouldn't a closer be able to come in and shut them down in awkward situations, during tied games and on random outings? I think you were typing faster than you were thinking when you made this comment.

godallahstar wrote:he's being overused and still holding up decently.

Herges has been used in 17 innings over 20 games. He hasn't held up decently according to the stats. Yet Rodriguez has also been used in 17 innings over 20 games and has been stellar.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 10, 2004 8:00 pm

who can I get for Herges right now?
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon May 10, 2004 8:06 pm

godallahstar wrote:wow.

this is his 2nd blown save.
out of 12 chances.

that is just what i said in another post this is only #2....some in this thread are in a riskie like panic.

and doesn't felix rodriquez have a "pay increase clause" in his contract that could be keeping him the setup role? i also read this on this board earlier today...

:-?
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers