karsay

Postby the analyst » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:00 am

what ever happened to karsay?
Did i miss something large?
the analyst

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby mattusd » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:07 am

karsay is starting the year on the dl with a bum shoulder... he'll be back probaby mid-april, but by then, so will rivera... making him useless for saves... at least for now.
mattusd
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnr98 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:08 am

I just grabbed Acevedo as well as Mo is down. Osuna should still be the main setup guy, esp with Karsay and Hammond still nursing bad wings.
You may remember him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Goin' Down?" episode of That's My Momma! Please welcome, Jackson Heights' own, Mr. Randy Watson! Sexual Chocolate!!!
jnr98
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Mordraken » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:10 am

I know he's no good for saves, but Octavio Dotel is a HUGE plus to a team. He's a reliever with an extremley low WHIP & ERA that will get as many strikeouts as a starter, and pitches frequently enough to have an impact every week. I'd take him before taking a flyer on many of those possible-closers mentioned above.

I also like Remlinger because even if he doesn't get the closer job, he puts up excellent numbers consistenlty. Same with Arthur Rhodes. Not many saves (unless there's an injury) but an excellent impact on WHIP and ERA with decent Ks.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby rotisseriking » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:00 pm

Mordraken wrote:I know he's no good for saves, but Octavio Dotel is a HUGE plus to a team. He's a reliever with an extremley low WHIP & ERA that will get as many strikeouts as a starter, and pitches frequently enough to have an impact every week. I'd take him before taking a flyer on many of those possible-closers mentioned above.

I also like Remlinger because even if he doesn't get the closer job, he puts up excellent numbers consistenlty. Same with Arthur Rhodes. Not many saves (unless there's an injury) but an excellent impact on WHIP and ERA with decent Ks.

Completely agree here. I passed over many of the questionable closers to grab Dotel - had one of the top K/IP ratios in the league last year. I also like Rhodes and another guy to think about is Felix Rodriguez in SF. He gets a ton of trash wins and has good 5x5 numbers. I'm also thinking Villafuerte will be closing in SD so he's probably available.
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers