Return to Baseball Leftovers

wake up and rate a few 1B.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Mon May 10, 2004 3:39 pm

thanks. but i think for the other guy the trade is built more around Garcia and to some extent, Konerko turning it around this year. and if they both do perform according to their better years, this will favor him. but however good Garcias looked im still not convinced that he could maintain a sumthin like a 3.7-ish era from now on, hes terribly inconsistant. also soring up on closers (i would have 3 right now without Kolb) would allow me to sell closers high for whatever i need midseason. anyways...

:-)
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -47)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon May 10, 2004 3:49 pm

thetongueofire wrote:thanks. but i think for the other guy the trade is built more around Garcia and to some extent, Konerko turning it around this year. and if they both do perform according to their better years, this will favor him. but however good Garcias looked im still not convinced that he could maintain a sumthin like a 3.7-ish era from now on, hes terribly inconsistant. also soring up on closers (i would have 3 right now without Kolb) would allow me to sell closers high for whatever i need midseason. anyways...
:-)

good trade. i think garcia is decent but there are only so many closers with a secure job and kolb is one of them. i also think green will be better than konerko.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers