Return to Baseball Leftovers

so I need an OF who can get steals...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

so I need an OF who can get steals...

Postby athakkar » Mon May 10, 2004 9:12 am

whats the best option? only have Furcal as my steal guy but he rarely plays..so OF is really the only position I can add another player.

Here's who I have right now: V.Guerrero, T.Hunter, and J.Dye. Here are my options for another OF I can add to my bench and play on occasion:

Figgins
Cameron
Chavez
Matos
Gerut
Lawton
Brynes
Winn

Steals is important to me and I think all these guys will get there fair share, but I'm looking for the whole package. any opinions?
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PresHabib » Mon May 10, 2004 9:18 am

I LOVE Chone Figgins. However, I have to point out that hes only stolen one base since he got regular PT when Anderson went on the DL. However, I think that's just a slump/coincidence. i expect him to be running more soon (i mean he did steal 7 bases while only being on base 12 times before anderson got hurt). Especially with the Angels hittin up the emergency ward like its a hooker that owes them money, they will need to be generating some offense, and that means STEALS STEALS STEALS!

So I say Figgins.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby athakkar » Mon May 10, 2004 9:45 am

how much is Figgins expected to play now that Anderson is back? What sucks is Anaheim plays late games so its hard to findout lineup info until late and make changes to your fantasy lineup.
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby john gardner » Mon May 10, 2004 9:49 am

With Guillen out, Figgins will keep playing and I like him , too.
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby federo » Mon May 10, 2004 10:24 am

I agree, Figgins is the best steals guy out of that list. And he should score a lot batting in front of Vlad and Glaus. I think part of the reason Figgins has only had 1 steal in the last week or so is that he was batting 3rd a lot and was up against I-Rod's arm in two series. With Erstad out he should be batting 2nd now like he did yesterday.
federo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 10, 2004 11:44 am

Rumor has it that Figgins may soon be leading off --- Eckstein has the worst (or second worst) OBP on the Angels and apparently his demotion to the 8-9 slot is not out of the question, or so the Angels sources say. That would be a boon for Figgins owners as his propensity to steal will increase even further.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby athakkar » Mon May 10, 2004 11:47 am

yes that would be great if he leads off...so lets hope so as I just picked up Figgins. Thanks for the input fellas...
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bell » Mon May 10, 2004 12:08 pm

A second option could be Endy Chavez. I have him in my NL Only league and his BA has slowly but surely been going up. So if he keeps his BA up that will guarantee him playing time, and the stolen bases will follow.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -76)

Postby Tavish » Mon May 10, 2004 1:07 pm

If you can handle a scary BA I like Cameron the best out of the bunch. I think the guy has will be close to 30-30 this year and should drive in decent amount of runs. Mark me down as a guy just not sold on Figgins yet.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby EK711 » Mon May 10, 2004 1:10 pm

Tavish wrote:If you can handle a scary BA I like Cameron the best out of the bunch. I think the guy has will be close to 30-30 this year and should drive in decent amount of runs. Mark me down as a guy just not sold on Figgins yet.

You can add me to the bunch as well. Figgins is great and all, but he still could end up being a flavor of the week. I hope that's not the case since I picked him up in my roto league, but I'm not banking on him winning steals for me.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers