Return to Baseball Leftovers

so I need an OF who can get steals...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 10, 2004 1:56 pm

The book on Figgins is pretty clear -- he's essentially Dave Roberts in an Angels uniform. The fact that he may be eligible at 2 or 3 IF spots as well as the OF make him particularly attractive, but I wouldn't look for much more than a .260-.270 average.

I'm sold on the versatlity and SB potential. Nothing else.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Mon May 10, 2004 2:05 pm

I'm not 100% sold yet either, but you've got to admit, if he does start leading off, and can get on base, he will be a top leadoff hitter. Should get a good number of sb's, and with the hitters he's got behind him, he should score a ton of runs. At least, that's what I'm hoping. :-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Postby Ziggy Zoggy » Mon May 10, 2004 2:09 pm

One of the above posts said, "...now that Anderson is back." Is GA expected to be back playing again this week?
"Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."
Ziggy Zoggy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rohan » Mon May 10, 2004 2:15 pm

Jeff Davanon stole 17 bases last season and was batting leadoff for the Angels for a while last year. With the Angels injuries, he's a good pickup and should steal some bases. 4rbis last night with a homer
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby John Bonzo » Mon May 10, 2004 3:35 pm

Another option is to get Mike Cameron and only start him in away games. Shea is looking like another Safeco for him this year with crazy split stats again so far. All of his SBs are from away games, as well as 4 of his 6 HRs.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby PresHabib » Mon May 10, 2004 5:05 pm

athakkar wrote:how much is Figgins expected to play now that Anderson is back? What sucks is Anaheim plays late games so its hard to findout lineup info until late and make changes to your fantasy lineup.

Anderson is back?!
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers