Return to Baseball Leftovers

Justin Huisman and the article mentioning him

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Huisman and the article mentioning him

Postby ironman » Mon May 10, 2004 4:01 pm

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/news ... &type=news

This is the first time I've heard this kid mentioned anywhere so I'm not sure what to make of it.

I found the article sort of perplexing in that it is entitled Fantasy: Call-ups worth picking up yet it mentions Midre Cummings, Wilson Betimet, and Joe Thurston which it recommends not picking up any of them. Did Greg Ambrosius have a article length quota he had to meet or something? If the players aren't worth picking up then why the H would you even bother mentioning them?

"Joe Blow is coming up from AAA Louisville but he can't hit and won't play much anyway." Thanks for the useless information! ;-D :-t

Having got that out of my system I'll focus on Huisman. Has anyone heard something about this guy? The closer job is pretty volatile in KC that anything seems possible. Either way I just picked him to stash for now in my AL-Only league.
Last edited by ironman on Mon May 10, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -157)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JamesBond007 » Mon May 10, 2004 4:17 pm

I saw that same article and was curious about Huisman too. In my deep league i need every save i can scrape together. Anyone think Huisman will be a better bet for Saves than Jason Frasor in Toronto?
-----J
JamesBond007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ...

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 10, 2004 4:21 pm

JamesBond007 wrote:I saw that same article and was curious about Huisman too. In my deep league i need every save i can scrape together. Anyone think Huisman will be a better bet for Saves than Jason Frasor in Toronto?

Funny you mentioned it, b/c I just dumped Frasor this morning for Huisman. I have Nate Fields too, so I am determined to get the KC closer on my team, whoever it turns out to be.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Return to Baseball Leftovers