Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need opinions/help in OF, RP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need opinions/help in OF, RP

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:18 am

In my league we start 4 OF and 2 RP. I have an abundance of RP because of a recent trade and need some opinions here. I think I need to bolster my OF a little bit and am willing to trade one to two of my RP. Here is what it looks like:
OF: Vlad, Gary Sheffield, Ben Grieve, Brian Jordan, JD Drew, Michael Cuddyer, and Juan Gonzalez
RP: Matt Mantei, Billy Koch, Armando Benitez, Mariano Rivera, and Trevor Hoffman

I really don't wanna trade Koch but all other RP are tradable in my opinion as long as I keep one other one. I have been offered Kearns for Benitez. Do you think I am getting enough for Benitez there or does it matter since I have depth there. And also what should I look for (ie potential names of guys) for the other relievers in your guys' opinions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby davegod2 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:54 am

I would probably hold on to Benitez unless you get a better offer. You have a lot of injury risk at RP (Hoffman already out, Rivera out, Mantei injury risk)....
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
davegod2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:04 am

If I traded anybody there, it would be Rivera. His injury is not too bad, but after last year, I am scared, I also have him. Hoffman is out for half the year anyways, so shouldnt count him. Rivera should still get you soething decent, bu I would try to ditch Drew too, I dont think he is going to do much, maybe Rivera and Drew for someone. Just a thought.
Josh
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers