Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Glaus

Postby nhgent » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:32 am

So, I need some guidance. This is my first fantasy team and I am still trying to figure out certain strategies. I have Troy Glaus as my starting 3B, but as you may know he has some wrist problems that could keep him out for a few weeks. For backups I have Shea Hillenbrand and Tony Batista, but I don't know if either of those would be a viable back up. Here are some of the 3B on waivers as well:

Ventura, Zeile, Polanco, Counsell, Cirillo

Any suggestions?
nhgent
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:28 pm

Go with Batista for now. Keep an eye on Hillenbrand though, if he starts the season like he did last year you want him on your roster. I don't see a need to pick any of the other guys up.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -9)

Thanks

Postby nhgent » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:53 pm

Appreciate the response. Thanks
nhgent
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:42 pm

Does anybody know how long he'll be out for? I'm really worried about his hand? Isnt that what killed Aramis last season?
Hank
Absolutely Adequate
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -170)

Postby jnr98 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:05 pm

Absolutely Adequate, ARam was batting over .320 when he twisted his ankle charging the mound (you just can't make this stuff up and the stupidity of these knuckleheads amazes me, but I digress...). He batted somewhere around .230 thereafter.

As for Glaus, I don't think they determined the extent of the injury, but as a proxy, look at Nomar's injury a few years back. He lost the power that made him special. (That'll be back this year). Wrist injuries for power hitters can be devastating. No matter what, I'd look for a suitable backup. Hillenbrand and Batista are reasonable. Ventura is comparable. Look for trade scenarios. Hype that the injury isn't too serious and hope you get nibbles.
You may remember him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Goin' Down?" episode of That's My Momma! Please welcome, Jackson Heights' own, Mr. Randy Watson! Sexual Chocolate!!!
jnr98
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers