Return to Baseball Leftovers

What should I do about Polanco???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What should I do about Polanco???

Postby JRM4833 » Wed May 19, 2004 10:06 am

I drafted him in my 16 team head to head league as my 2B. Hes been injured for awhile now and I picked up Kata and now Mackowiak to cover my 2B. Is he worth holding onto? I have Armas Jr. on my DL so Polanco is just taking up a spot. So is Ainsworth for that matter. So would you just cut your losses and drop these guys or hold off? There is not a great deal on the FA. I was looking at Vizquel (to use for Berroa until he gets it going) and Nate Field (1st save last night). Thanks for any advice.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Wed May 19, 2004 10:08 am

I'm interested to see what people have to say about Polanco. He's on the waiver wire in my 10 team NL league, and he hasn't exactly put up great stats this year. Is he worth stashing on the bench, or just watching.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -46)

Postby jpbusta » Wed May 19, 2004 10:10 am

I was going to say drop him until I saw it was a 16 team league. I'd definitely hold onto him. 2b is a very shallow position without much talent. I'd rather drop ainsworth than drop polanco.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby JRM4833 » Wed May 19, 2004 10:56 am

Yeah I want to just drop him, but Im sure he'll be grabbed by somebody since it is a 16 team league with good managers. Then Id be left with Mack at 2B and who knows how he will do for the rest of the season even if he does play everyday. I had high hopes for Ainsworth as one of my sleeper pitchers and I know there is another guy in the league that likes him. I want to believe that he will come back and pitch well but it sucks to have a useless roster spot.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Return to Baseball Leftovers