Wow... ummm....

I say if all playing time were equal:

Utley
Hairston Jr
Jimenez
S. Hairston
Spivey
Green
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

easyil

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 am

Here's my take on these guys

Utley - above average potential, going to run into a serious playing time issue soon, might work out might not, borderline starter at 2B even if the stars aline

Hairston Jr - doesn't do a thing for me right now - if stars aline he will be a nice SB guya nd that's it

Jimenez - slumping however could still break out and bats in front of a on fire lineup! I think when the dust settles he'll be a borderline starter at 2B

S. Hairston - is a borderline starter right now, however if stars a line he is an elite keeper... I know i will get a lot fo S h it for saying this but I like this guy to stay up and he will out produce MOST 2B not named Boone, Kent, Young, Soriano, and Giles! He is really special! At worst right now he's on fire and leading off for Arizona. Talk is that even with Alomar/Kata back he might move to 3B as Tracy is struggling or would replace all three of the super injury prone OF's!!!

Spivey - doesn;t do much for me right now - however if he goes to a contender, he's sky rockets, right now i wouldn;t want him starting for me, he's a nice back up though

Green - not really that good, watched him a lot on TBS. More heart then anything, plus he is nothing more then Denny Hocking when Giles comes back

My rankings
1. Scott Hairston
2. Jimenez
3. Spivey
4. Utely
5. Hairston JR
6. Green
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:27 am

Gimme Jerry Hairston for this season. He's in a good offensive lineup, and the Orioles have SB fever. Might only hit .270, but his runs and SB's will be stellar.

Utley is probably headed back to AAA, despite the fact he has played well enough to stay. But Polanco's return in a couple weeks forces the Phillies hand, and they've pretty much made it clear the job is his when he's back. Exit Utley.

Scott Hairston is the best talent among this group. But he's a very raw rookie, and it's likely he'll have some nasty slumps in addition to some hot runs with power. Great keeper, however.

Jimenez probably ends up around .260 with 10/10 to 15/15 production.

Spivey is not the worst guy on the planet, but he doesn't do any one thing at a level that makes him attractive.

Green is a plug in with marginal talent and he's history in another month or so when Marcus Giles returns.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Jamescloud16 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:38 am

I gotta say, Utley won't go back to AAA. He's giving the Phils what they need right now - real at bats. He's got a good eye, he puts wood on the ball, knocks in runs. With Byrd and Rollins lasting 3-4 pitches each, Bowa has put a lot of stock into solid at-bats. As loyal as Bowa is, the worst that will happen is that Polanco and Utley will platoon.

Wooten has been a lot less productive off the bench and could be released. T. Perez can back Thome up at first and Polanco can give Bell days off when he needs them at 3B. In other words, they don't have to worry about overusing Perez.

If Bowa is smart (which the jury is still out on sometimes) he'll keep Utley up. My gut feeling is that Utley will stay.
Jamescloud16
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers