Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whose starting edwin jackson tommorrow?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whose starting edwin jackson tommorrow?

Postby fantasyfiend » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:31 am

Should be fun game to watch. even tho jackson has struggled in las vegas, that run he went on last season where he completely dominated major league hitters is just to nice to ignore.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 am

I am in my 16-teamer. Dodger Stadium does wonders for struggling pitchers (i.e. Jeff Weaver)

Given Tracy won't flat out state Lima's got the #5 spot and bringing your #1 pitching prospect up (which doesn't make sense to do for a 'spot start' -- wasting an option), I think if Edwin performs, he's got the #5 job.

I think if they just wanted a spot starter, they woulda just given it to Falkenbourg.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:59 am

I'll be watching the start closely. If he's the Edwin Jackson of 2003, then I'll pick him up. We'll see which one shows up tomorrow. I dunno if I'd spot-start him based on how aenemic the Dodgers offense has been lately.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -17)

Postby flowbee » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:00 am

ME.

Hitters wont be familiar with him. Im looking for 6ip 2er 6k
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Whose starting edwin jackson tommorrow?

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:03 am

fantasyfiend wrote:Should be fun game to watch. even tho jackson has struggled in las vegas, that run he went on last season where he completely dominated major league hitters is just to nice to ignore.

you mean aside from the Stooges?

I think I'll pass.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby Spokes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:56 am

I am starting him. Against the Brewers, he should get a decent amount of Ks at least, which is what I am looking for.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby tlef316 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:30 am

i've held him all year in our 12 team keeper. if he shows me something, maybe ill make him my rookie keeper for next year(counts as a last round pick) im gonna start him, but only becuase its a H2H league w/ unlimited innings. if you have him in a limited inning league, id pass for at least 1 start. great potential though ;-D
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers