Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pat Burrell - Benched AGAIN!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pat Burrell - Benched AGAIN!

Postby Ry-Guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:18 pm

Here we go again! Burrell is slumping a bit and Larry Bowa is gonna bench him every time he has an 0-4. I HATE Larry Bowa. I wish they would trade Burrell to a team that would treat him like a superstar and not a platoon player. Between his slump and frequent benchings, it may me time to trade Burrell to someone who hasn't noticed.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:19 pm

I'm beginning to agree....Burrell is a very frustrating player to have on your fantasy team.

I don't think he benched him b/c of the slump, Bowa just rotates all of his players a LOT.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Pablo975 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:31 pm

As a Burrell owner, I'm getting a bit steamed at this myself. I'd love to see Burrell get traded to Boston, the Yankees, Astros, or Colorado. How many dings would he get in Denver????? Anyplace where he can play every day.....

Bowa sucks.
"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -20)

Postby patriot79 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:36 pm

I agree. Just let the guy play baseball. Even the greatest players have slumps. I think Burrell can and will be a superstar player but maybe not with Philly.
patriot79
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:41 pm

Burrell is 12/68 since late May, and it's not like he's sat frequently. He's still the regular leftfielder. But if Bowa starts occasionally pining him, it's Burrell's fault and not Bowa's.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Sunspot » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:42 pm

The Phillies are not going to trade Burrell, as a Burrell owner myself, I can understand your frustration, but look at the bright side, I think that if someone told you that Burrell would have the numbers that he has right now, you would have been happy, I know I am. I think the Phillies would be better off trading Ladee or Byrd for help in other area's, then maybe they won't be tempted to rotate Burrell out once in a while. He is a cornerstone of the Phillies future though and is staying put.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers