Return to Baseball Leftovers

Garcia to the SOX!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:16 am

Hehe, none of you realize what a mistake the White Sox just made. Garcia's numbers should start to look ugly soon now that he isn't pitching in the friendly confines of Safeco anymore. Garcia is very overrated even though his numbers have been quite good. You all see a great candidate for a breakout, I see a breakdown and a great candidate to trade away in your fantasy leagues because you can get great value for him right now.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wannabthechamp » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:28 am

perlick29 wrote:Hehe, none of you realize what a mistake the White Sox just made. Garcia's numbers should start to look ugly soon now that he isn't pitching in the friendly confines of Safeco anymore. Garcia is very overrated even though his numbers have been quite good. You all see a great candidate for a breakout, I see a breakdown and a great candidate to trade away in your fantasy leagues because you can get great value for him right now.

I hope you're wrong, I traded for him last week!
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:30 am

Trading away would probably be a good idea..........not just because he isn't in Safeco anymore, although it will probably hurt him, but because his value took a jump based on a better offense, yet he's still not a safe bet to stay good for the whole season no matter who he's playing for. He's the last guy I'd trust to pitch a good game.......very unpredictable IMO. You also have to keep in mind June is his best month, and July is by far his worst :-o I'd definately trade him if I had him. August is his second worst month, as well :-o Maybe he isn't so unpredictable after all :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:32 am

LBJackal wrote:Trading away would probably be a good idea..........not just because he isn't in Safeco anymore, although it will probably hurt him, but because his value took a jump based on a better offense, yet he's still not a safe bet to stay good for the whole season no matter who he's playing for. He's the last guy I'd trust to pitch a good game.......very unpredictable IMO. You also have to keep in mind June is his best month, and July is by far his worst :-o I'd definately trade him if I had him. August is his second worst month, as well :-o Maybe he isn't so unpredictable after all :-D

Bless you LB, I just wrote an article about this for the cafe, hope it gets posted soon.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)

Postby Sunspot » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:11 am

There is a chance that Garcia is back into form and will be a top pitcher no matter who he plays for. 3 years ago he was the MVP of my fantasy team because I got him for nothing because of all the doubters. I believe good pitchers are good no matter where they are. Below average could be average in pitching parks, average could be below in hitters parks, but good pitchers are good no matter where they are. (Forget that Coors exsists AKA:Daryl Kile, Mike Hampton, Denny Neagle etc.)
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers