Return to Baseball Leftovers

DONT YOU MESS WITH THAT CANADIAN!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DONT YOU MESS WITH THAT CANADIAN!!!

Postby KULCAT » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:22 pm

The Contra Costa Times reports Los Angeles Dodgers P Eric Gagne told a Los Angeles radio station the pitch he threw at San Francisco Giants OF Michael Tucker was on purpose, in retaliation for Tucker's altercation with Dodgers P Jeff Weaver. "What he did was not respectful to Jeff Weaver," Gagne told KMPC-AM in Los Angeles on Friday. "(Thursday's pitch) wasn't planned, but in the heat of the moment I just thought it was the right moment to throw one up and in. You know the game enough to know what was going on. My teammates are my family, they're the people I'm with more than my real family, so you have to respect my players."

Ill like to see Michael Tucker get cutesy with someone in the Dodgers again
Last edited by KULCAT on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BoSox4life » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:44 pm

haha...man that was great. Gagne is the man ;-D
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby rmeesig » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:10 pm

so throwing a ball 100MPH at someone's head is OK to prove a point?

I guarantee if it had hit & hurt Tucker, Gagne would NOT be saying the same shit...otherwise he'd find himself in a LA County courthouse facing assult charges....what an ass. Respect your teammates? Try respecting the GAME first dumbass.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:26 pm

rmeesig wrote:so throwing a ball 100MPH at someone's head is OK to prove a point?

I guarantee if it had hit & hurt Tucker, Gagne would NOT be saying the same shit...otherwise he'd find himself in a LA County courthouse facing assult charges....what an ass. Respect your teammates? Try respecting the GAME first dumbass.

couldln't have said it better myself
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby donut » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:29 pm

there's nothing wrong with a message pitch. remember...the pitch wasn't close to hitting tucker. gagne wasn't trying to hit him.
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rmeesig » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:38 pm

donut wrote:there's nothing wrong with a message pitch. remember...the pitch wasn't close to hitting tucker. gagne wasn't trying to hit him.

But to make statements like that in a publication shows no class or respect for the game of baseball. Like I said, if that ball had hit/hurt Tucker, all of Gagne's statements would be coming from the mouth of his lawyer.

It was a message pitch until Gagne decided to shoot his mouth off to the press. Keep it on the field. We all saw it, no need to brag about it.

No class. I respect Gagne's pitching ability, but I have absolutely zero respect for him as a person after this.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:39 pm

rmeesig wrote:so throwing a ball 100MPH at someone's head is OK to prove a point?

;-D
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby donut » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:43 pm

i agree that he shouldn't have said anything about that pitch being thrown purposely. i thought you meant he disrespected the game by throwing inside.
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rmeesig » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:48 pm

donut wrote:i agree that he shouldn't have said anything about that pitch being thrown purposely. i thought you meant he disrespected the game by throwing inside.

Nah, I've seen worse pitches (see lil' Petey vs Karim Garcia) - I know it's part of the game, but honestly, besides the streak and all that comes with that (getting Dodger fans to stay after the 7th inning) - what has Gagne ever done for the game of baseball? He's NEVER pitched a game that had any bearing on his TEAM's season success.

I just get disgusted by players who think they are bigger than the game.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers