Return to Baseball Leftovers

COULD I PULL THIS OFF?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:41 am

It might work this year....but you have to think of what you are going to do to your roster next year. You will not be able to suprise attack anyone next year this way, especially if you win the league.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spiegs1106 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:46 am

well ur right...so i should just bag it...it was just an idea i wasn't planning on doing it
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby citti34 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:24 pm

I was thinking of doing the same thing because I'm number one in era and whip right now. I'm in a 14 team league. I could really make my bats solid. Right now I have Vlade, Manny, Soriano, Gonza, Palmero, Trot, Figgins, J Wilson, A. Kennedy, and Posada. I have benetes and Kold for my closers, which I would keep, and give away, the unit, sheets, escobar, M. Batista, and Thomson.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:25 pm

citti34 wrote:I was thinking of doing the same thing because I'm number one in era and whip right now. I'm in a 14 team league. I could really make my bats solid. Right now I have Vlade, Manny, Soriano, Gonza, Palmero, Trot, Figgins, J Wilson, A. Kennedy, and Posada. I have benetes and Kold for my closers, which I would keep, and give away, the unit, sheets, escobar, M. Batista, and Thomson.

If you're already number 1 in ERA/WHIP, then you have nothing at all to gain by this strategy other than securing your spot there. The all-reliever strategy should only be used by teams with terrible ratios.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby citti34 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:27 pm

But I will keep those points, and destroy the league in foensive stats, and still be able to get saves.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:23 pm

LBJackal wrote:You guys realize it's K/BB right? Quantity is irrelevent.
He has both as stats, K and K/BB
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -181)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers