Return to Baseball Leftovers

Home Run leaders

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

re

Postby sowapowa » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:27 pm

No im not saying angry guys strikeout more. Im saying that being aggresive makes them strikeout more? that would make sense yes?

If a two hundred pound guy and a one hundred pound guy both used 10 ounce bats, they would swing the same speed. Now if the bat weight got heavier, one could say the bigger guy would swing faster, but do you see those supposed roid users toting around 40 ounce bats?

Most major league batters have switched from heavier bats from the 70' to lighter ones in the 00'. Why do you think this is?

So barry bonds uses roids? he carries a small bat and he chokes up too. Does the logic follow through here?

Also i dont know what these "fast twitch" muscles are and where they are in the body. If you think flex wheeler has a faster bat speed than say barry bonds, then i stand correct, after all wheeler is stronger than bonds and he has in the past used roids.
sowapowa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: re

Postby DK » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:30 pm

sowapowa wrote:Most major league batters have switched from heavier bats from the 70' to lighter ones in the 00'. Why do you think this is?

Actually, I can answer this. Ernie Banks began using a lighter bat and whipping it through the zone in his first big HR year. When asked about it, he attributed it to the bat. Other players began using it, and the rest is history.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers