Return to Baseball Leftovers

doing a research paper and i need your opions on this poll

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

one of the key ingredients of the demand for team sports is generated because of the uncertainty of outcome of league games

Poll ended at Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:43 pm

true i love watching competitive games
50%
false, i want my team to win and thats what makes me the happiest
50%

Total votes : 58

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:18 am

Jackal.......Did you read a word of what I wrote above?? I don't think so.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcure » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:50 pm

my research paper is about free agency in major league baseball and if it effects the competitive balance in baseball.

the yankees have a 180 million dollar payroll and the devil rays close to a 30 million dollar payroll. some critics its hard for the low budget teams to compete with the high budget teams and the yanks will always get the best free agents. my paper focuses on trying to prove in fact if this is a legitimate problem in major league baseball.

my original question was about preferences; some fans like to go to the game and just to do something; hangout whatever the case maybe and just chill. other fans have a favorite team and they root for them and get pissed if they lose and excited when they win. and i was just wondering what kind of fans you guys were.

some owners value winning whereas others value making a profit. thats why when you see a team in the second half realize they have no chance for the post season they will dump some good players to be compensated financially while the winning teams get the player who they think will help them get to that next level.

from my research team payroll has no effect on the competitiveness of major league baseball........if anyone really cares to know why i can always send you guys something explaining it.

cheers.........
mcure
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers