Return to Baseball Leftovers

Serious question about Jason Giambi's abilities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:11 pm

rmeesig wrote:
Super GM wrote:lack of 'roids??? :-?

With all due respect, could you please post a link to your source with this insinuation/accusation?

Thanks.
Barry Bonds personal trainer admitted to a grand jury to giving "clear" (undetectable) steroids to Barry, Jason Giambi, and Marvin Benard (there was one other, I cant remember, maybe Sheffield?) Is court testimony good enough?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:11 pm

rmeesig wrote:

With all due respect, could you please post a link to your source with this insinuation/accusation?

Thanks.

There was an article on ESPN.com a few months ago that did accuse Giambi. I think it is the "lack of 'roids" Super GM suggested lol (or the parasite).
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:22 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
rmeesig wrote:

Thanks.
Barry Bonds personal trainer admitted to a grand jury to giving "clear" (undetectable) steroids to Barry, Jason Giambi, and Marvin Benard (there was one other, I cant remember, maybe Sheffield?) Is court testimony good enough?

It's not for all of the Bonds supporters. :-?

I don't know if it is steroid related because he wasn't that great last year, either. He really seems to have lost his knowledge of the strikezone. He used to have 1 of the better eyes in the game. Now, he fishes.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:20 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
rmeesig wrote:

Thanks.

It's not for all of the Bonds supporters. :-?

I don't know if it is steroid related because he wasn't that great last year, either. He really seems to have lost his knowledge of the strikezone. He used to have 1 of the better eyes in the game. Now, he fishes.

That's a good point about last year. I really don't know what is wrong with him. He does swing at some awful pitches, but he still walks a lot, so his eye isn't gone. I do personally believe that he (Bonds too) was on steriods, but that doesn't explain everything. As someone said, perhaps it is the Giambi-shift that teams employ. Does anyone know when teams started doing that? Perhaps he's just been too stubborn to learn to go the other way with the ball ala Jeter. Granted they are both very different players but the ability to go the other way is important for anyone and even a guy like Posada does it well.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:22 pm

I am quite sure that they did the shift well before last year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby mikcou » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:50 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
rmeesig wrote:

Thanks.

its good enought for me
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -63)

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:25 pm

joshheines wrote:There are plenty of links expressing the same thing the other guy expressed, his opinion. He's free to do that. So take your 185 million dollar pay roll and pretend like there's parity in baseball, especially if you get Randy Johnson.

Worthless flame removed by Lofunzo.

My, my - pretty hostile. I was just asking for a source, since as far as I know, it's still alleged. I don't believe Giambi has been found guilty of anything, has he?
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:28 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote: Barry Bonds personal trainer admitted to a grand jury to giving "clear" (undetectable) steroids to Barry, Jason Giambi, and Marvin Benard (there was one other, I cant remember, maybe Sheffield?) Is court testimony good enough?

Court testimony? You mean like OJ testifying that he did not murder Nicole? Or the president of Enron testfying that he did nothing wrong?

Sorry, this proves absolutely nothing. I was asking for a source PROVING that Giambi had used steroids, and you have provided me with ONE person's story, who has never even met Giambi.

weak. If you're going to use "court testimony" as your source, at least wait for him to be indited...a lot of things are said in court...not all are true.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby hwilensk261 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:52 pm

So even if he was on roids and is off now that wouldn't explain such a huge drop if avg. from 330 to 230.
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby john gardner » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:29 pm

This is getting a little TESTY!! YEAH< I think its lack of roids, too. And I also think O.J. killed his wife. B-) B-)
You never can tell...the depth of the well...by the length of the handle on the pump..
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers