Return to Baseball Leftovers

Joe Mauer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Mauer

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:11 pm

On the Twins pregame they just got word that Joe Mauer just got sent home to visit the doctors that worked on his knee. He is of corse out today and out for sure for the 2 Detroit games.

After that who knows? I'm sure more will be available tommorrow. Regardless, this is bad news.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:20 pm

I was wondering bout him myself. A friend of mine just traded for him, and I'm getting worried. :-o :-o :-o

Let's keep putting the updates out there, because this is a big blow to several fantasy lineups.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:22 pm

I'm wondering if I can drop him for the time being and pick him back up when he's ready to play in my 12 team mixed league. Not sure if he'd clear waivers...but there are so many good catchers this year that I think there's a good chance of it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:27 pm

slomo007 wrote:I'm wondering if I can drop him for the time being and pick him back up when he's ready to play in my 12 team mixed league. Not sure if he'd clear waivers...but there are so many good catchers this year that I think there's a good chance of it.

I wouldn't ssuggest that because let's just say you are me, in one of my 12 team H2H Leagues I have Lecroy as my starter. I would take Mauer in a second.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

h

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:29 pm

I would wait as he'd surely get picked up. However, he is going to be a headache from here on out as he is our future and you can bet he will be handled real real careful. If I heard he was getting shutdown for the year tommorrow I wouldn't be surprised at all. Lets hope not as I don't think you can make the playoffs with Henry Blanco at catcher, sure LeCroy is a nice hitter, but have you saw him catch?
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:29 pm

perlick29 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I'm wondering if I can drop him for the time being and pick him back up when he's ready to play in my 12 team mixed league. Not sure if he'd clear waivers...but there are so many good catchers this year that I think there's a good chance of it.

I wouldn't ssuggest that because let's just say you are me, in one of my 12 team H2H Leagues I have Lecroy as my starter. I would take Mauer in a second.

Could be right....by far the worst catcher in the league who is owned is Charles Johnson, but that owner is one of the only fairly inactive ones so I doubt he'd even notice.

I will probably wait to hear what Mauer's latest prognosis is and base my decision on that.

Brandon Inge, Mike Lieberthal or Paul LoDuca would be my other options...but I like Mauers upside much more.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Re: h

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:40 pm

JOEG wrote:I would wait as he'd surely get picked up. However, he is going to be a headache from here on out as he is our future and you can bet he will be handled real real careful. If I heard he was getting shutdown for the year tommorrow I wouldn't be surprised at all. Lets hope not as I don't think you can make the playoffs with Henry Blanco at catcher, sure LeCroy is a nice hitter, but have you saw him catch?

I saw him catch a game one time this year. Do you remember it? He strained his oblique muscle that shelved him the day after Mauer went down.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

s

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:41 pm

Oh yeah that was where I thought we would go down the crapper, our whole lineup was out then.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby barry4prez » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:48 pm

Jason Bay and Mauer for Vic Martinez?
barry4prez
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:52 pm

Whats the rest of your OF look like? I'd probably do that deal.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers