Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade for Griffey?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade for Griffey?

Postby bman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:29 am

I have too many pitchers, I dont even have a bench spot for my hitters, So i'm trying to work out a trade. I was thinking about trading Odalis Perez for Griffey Jr., then putting Griffey on my DL spot, then picking up someone like Hank Blalock until Griffey comes back. Is this the stupidest thing anyone has ever heard? Or should I go for it? Here's my team......
C Kendall, Jason
1B Giambi, Jason
2B Durham, Ray
3B Beltre, Adrian
SS Garciaparra, Nomar
OF Beltran, Carlos
OF Sheffield, Gary
OF Kearns, Austin
Util Sweeney, Mike
Util Lee, Derrek
Bench Erstad, Darin
Bench Guzman, Cristian

SP Miller, Wade
SP Nomo, Hideo
RP Benitez, Armando
RP Jimenez, Jose
P Sabathia, C.C
P Baez, Danys
P Williamson, Scott
P Perez, Odalis
P Lowe, Derek

Thanks for the help.
bman

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby colts4653 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:32 am

If Griffey is the best thing you can put on your DL, then why not? But I wouldn't give up anymore than a back-up hitter for him at this point, his value is lower than Perez. Your pitching staff isn't that strong. I'm not sure what you would offer there, maybe Guzman. Good luck.
colts4653
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

oops

Postby bman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:38 am

C Kendall, Jason
1B Giambi, Jason
2B Durham, Ray
3B Beltre, Adrian
SS Garciaparra, Nomar
OF Beltran, Carlos
OF Sheffield, Gary
OF Kearns, Austin
Util Sweeney, Mike
Util Lee, Derrek

SP Miller, Wade
SP Nomo, Hideo
RP Benitez, Armando
RP Jimenez, Jose
P Sabathia, C.C
P Baez, Danys
P Williamson, Scott
P Perez, Odalis
P Lowe, Derek
P Rocky Biddle
P Javier Vazquez

Thats my team, I copied and pasted my team from earlier this year, but I've made some changes.....any suggestions now? I think Griffey could preform well this year, in 5 weeks that is....
bman

Postby Amnorix » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:14 am

Odalis Perez is hardly lighting it up, so if you want to trade him for Griffey, in the hopes he comes back strong, that's not unreasonable.

As someone else mentioned, your pitching is hardly terrific. It is, however, plentiful with players who are at or above Perez's level, so you're really not giving up much to get him.

Obviously, you're aware of the risk that you'll get nothing for your investment, but these kinds of aggressive, high upside, low downside plays aren't bad if you can live with the results.
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby bman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:35 pm

do you think I should make a move for some better pitching? What can I do to improve my squad, is basically what I'm asking. I know thatthe Griffey trade would be a huge risk, but I kind of like that. I'm in first place right now, but i'm way over the projected innings limit, so i'm trying to get a better hitter, but I'm open to ALL suggestions.
bman

Postby bman » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:03 am

bump....any suggestions?
bman

Postby jockstrap » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:45 am

no, do not get griffey. hes not gonna come back strong, he never does. dont even waste your time with him. im sorry but its gonna be kinda hard for you to get better/more hitters unless you wanna give up you top pitchers. witch you cant really afford. whos on you waivier wire?
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"

-Yogi Berra
jockstrap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby bman » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:48 am

crazy carl hah, i dont know if i want to pick him up with Mench comin back.....I just dropped Sabathia for Foppert. Sabathia has been shit lately, and it'd be nice if Foppert came in and pitched like Prior did last year (especially this early in the season.)
bman

Return to Baseball Leftovers