Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jesse Foppert

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jesse Foppert

Postby cwhitty » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:15 am

I watched him pitch against the Astros last night and I mkust say he is quite good. My question is about what capacity he will pitch. Rueter, Shmidt, Moss, Ainsworth and ? Is Foppert going to replace whoever the 5th starter is?
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CRedsFan » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:02 pm

The fifth is Ryan Jenson, and is not exactly a star, so Foppert could win this spot, no doubt. But he won't have much time. If he doesn't pitch well in his small window, Jenson will be back and Foppert will hit the pen
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:51 pm

Jensen is crap, wont ever be more then a 5th guy. I cant put a time frame on it, but i will go on record and say Foppert will be SF ace soon, and a cy candidate down the line.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby gypsyspot » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:58 pm

I think Foppert will win the role very soon, and he will be very good.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matt925 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:49 pm

According to today's Contra Costa Times, even though Jensen is eligible to come off the DL on the 25th, he will be making a rehab start in Fresno that day, so Foppert will get the start in Philadelphia on the 26th.

If he does well, there's a decent chance he will stay in the rotation. At worst, he will be put in long relief, and the second Jensen falters (which will be sooner rather than later) Foppert will take his spot.

On a side note, does anyone know what the policy is in the Yahoo leagues for adding call-ups? Will they do it once Jensen comes off the DL and Foppert remains? Or do they have certain intervals where they add all the new players at once? And once Foppert becomes available, will he be on waivers, or be a free agent? This is my first time doing the Yahoo leagues. Thanks.
Matt925
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:06 am

As of 4/17, Foppert is added to the Yahoo leagues. ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Take?

Postby JD » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:13 am

Would you take him over Ainsworth, Armas Jr., Lohse and other more established players?
JD

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Matt925 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:As of 4/17, Foppert is added to the Yahoo leagues. ;-D

But he's on waivers and midnight Saturday is pretty far away when you're fifth out of ten. :-o
Matt925
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Take?

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:54 am

JD wrote:Would you take him over Ainsworth, Armas Jr., Lohse and other more established players?

This year Armas, keeper Foppert.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:03 pm

tony armas is pitching really well. i saw him pitch live, last thursday, and he smashed the cubs... 7 IP, 0 ER, 11K. he had a nearly similar performance in puerto rico, just with like 2 or 3K.

i think he's finally figured something out this season. his K/BB ratio is currently consistent with his spring, where his era was 1.something... so the signs are saying, hey, 2003 is finally the year when tony armas figures it out and stops being an inconsistent ~4.2 ERA-ish pitcher.

or so i hope, as i've got him on 3/3 fantasy squads. =)
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers