Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jesse Foppert

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:44 pm

Would u drop ainsworth for Foppert

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jebatzel » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:12 pm

So what kind of numbers do you think he will put up?

I am very interested in picking up up.

available in my league too.

question is should I wait till tomorrow when he comes off waivers or use my waiver priority to pick him up at midnight.?

I am 8th out of 12 teams now.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matt925 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:28 am

http://giants.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/sf/new ... &fext=.jsp

Foppert to start: Right-handed rookie Jesse Foppert will make his first Major League start next Tuesday night in Pittsburgh, rather than wait until April 26 as planned.

"We wanted to get him in the rotation promptly," said Alou, hoping to get longer performances from the starters to relieve pressure on the bullpen.

The 22-year-old Foppert, a Bay Area native, made his big-league debut with scoreless innings last Monday night against Houston. But he was rocked for three hits and two runs in only one inning in last Wednesday's cold, drizzly loss to the Astros at Pacific Bell Park.

If they want to relieve pressure on the bullpen, they would be better off having a starting pitcher in the bullpen who can come in for long relief, and they will be pushing the rotation back to get him in on the 22nd (I think). I bet they are strongly considering having him take Jensen's spot. This will give him two starts before Jensen returns. If he does well, I bet he stays.
Matt925
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers