Return to Baseball Leftovers

ATTN MOOKIE AND JAYS FANS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:55 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Wow, how weak is their fan base if you can get free tickets by signing up for a free newsletter?

Yeah. Nothing like the free dartboard covers with Steve Bartman's face covering the bullseye. :-D

J/K
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:17 am

Only one Jays fan so far? :-?

I'll give this a bump since it's free tickets. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby zepfan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:13 am

Ticket sales took a huge dive after the strike in 1994. Since then, it's been rare to get 25,000 to a game. Consequently, ticket prices have dropped significantly also. We had several $2 night promos last year and I think we had a few this year so for me I'd rather pay the ticket price than have my name on another mailing list.
I feel a little guilty to admit that I still don't go to the games. I used to be a huge MLB/Blue Jays fan but after 1994 I almost completely lost interest. I think if it wasn't for fantasy baseball, I probably still wouldn't care. Sometimes, I have a tough time rooting for those guys. I can't believe they even considered striking again last year.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -182)

Postby LBJackal » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:50 am

I'm in the same boat as zepfan....... the $5 or whatever it costs to go is worth it if I'm driving downtown with a bunch of people. I used to go all the tiem (my dad had season tickets with his business partner) so any games his partner didn't go to and clients didn't get, I got to go ;-D It must have been hundreds of games in the early 90's, pretty good seats too. I just don't have the motivation anymore, unless somebody good is in town.

But thanks for keeping an eye out for the Torontonians Lo ;-D If not for the fact that I'll be in Newfoundland the last week of August and then getting ready to go back to school after that, I might actually have taken them up on the offer. It's sad how bad the fans have been here lately, though. We go and win 2 World Series in a row, and what happens the next year? They go and cancel the season. I guess they reap what they sow.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers