drop moss fossum or ainsworth?

Postby thehotc » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:00 am

for foppert.

im leain toward moss or fossum.
thehotc

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TheRock » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:19 am

With the demotion of Jensen, Moss becomes my least favorite SF pitcher. He still serves up way too many walks, and doesn't have the stuff to become a stud anytime soon.

Assuming your pitching staff is pretty solid and these are spots you can roll the dice on for upside, you've got to grab the most upside you can and it makes sense to drop whoever has the least, and that's Moss.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:34 am

Definitely don't drop Ainsworth. He looks good and will get awesome run support. I guess I would learn toward Moss, too. Fossum gets a lot of Ks, and could be huge.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Super GM » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:48 pm

Here's what I think...I like 'em all...but sinc I have to chose one here, it would probably be Fossum. i had him on my team too and dropped him for Lance Carter. I would drop Fossum until the Sox bullpen shows it can handle a lead... Fossums problem of course isn't entirely the bullpen. He get's a lot o K's fast, but then get's rocked in the 5th or 6th. so just drop him and see how he does...You can allways add him again later...
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:57 pm

what is foppert's big value in fantasy? is he going to assume the closer role?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Super GM » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:12 pm

I don't know what all the hype is about with this guy. He has pitched in two games and has 3K's and an ERA of 6.00. As far as I know he has pitched one inning of relief in both games. He was actually scheduled to start but the game got rained out. I wouldn't drop anybody for him, but as I said before, if you do drop somebody, then go with Fossum. But what in the world do you want with all those SF pitchers?
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:21 pm

come to think of it, i think he blew through the minor leagues. he had something like 37 consecutive scoreless innings, so he got a major promotion to the bigs because he was, literally, lights out.

still, i'm waiting to see if he can secure a starters or closers role before i drop a more bonafide young pitcher (runlevys zambrano, jr) to make room for the second coming of jesus christ, err, rick ankiel, err, some good pitcher dude.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Super GM » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:23 pm

What ever happened to Rick Ankiel?
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kcs261 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:38 pm

Ever hear of Mark Prior and Roy Oswalt?

Look, there's no guarantees about anything in life. But for every Rick Ankiel, you can name a guy who lived up to the hype. The fact is that you don't want to be left out in the cold.

My advice: Grab him, leave him on the bench for a start or two, and see how he does. But if you wait, and he pitches stellar, you're going to be left in the cold.

If he doesn't live up to the hype, no biggee. But at least you prevented somebody else from cashing in by grabbing him. Don't dump somebody great to get him. But Fossum or Moss, why not?

With more thought, I would say dump Fossum. Why is Fossum any better of a risk than Foppert?
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:52 pm

Dude you got to many "potential" pitchers. I would stay away and save your waiver priority for a position you need. If I was to drop i would do Moss.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers