Return to Baseball Leftovers

dump speiers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:06 pm

hybrid wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:hmmm. this is interesting now. batista is scheduled as the pitching probable for the game against the yankees on wednesday.

Not sure where your looking, but I'm pretty sure it's incorrect and they just haven't updated it. Lilly is schedule to start on Wednesday, not Batista (go to MLB.com).

As for Batista not closing, he did start a game on the 16th and then close on the 18th. My guess is that didn't want him pitching again so soon. Jays site has an article on Batista being the new closer so nothing has changed as far as what his role is.

yeah, you are right i think ;-D

yahoo and espn prolly didn't update their sites. oh never trust yahoo. they had lilly starting tomorrow, but the jays called up gustavo chacin from the minors today to debut against the yankees. the starters then should be chacin tomorrow, doc halladay on tuesday and lilly on wednesday.

batista is still the closer! but hey, don't listen to me :-o
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:10 pm

and one more thing. batista better be a darn good closer for $4.5 million
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby bluefire7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:15 am

Justin Speier got the last three outs for his seventh save of the season in Toronto's victory over the Devil Rays this afternoon.
Miguel Batista is still the first option for saves out of the Jays' bullpen. He was just being rested after he closed yesterday's game a few days after his last start. Sep. 19 - 8:14 pm et

^^^from rotoworld yet again^^^
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers