Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where does A-Rod get drafted next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:55 pm

Top 5

Not convinced yet he won't move back to SS -- and winning another Gold Glove. Makes too much sense to move Jeter to 2B as he moves great to his left.

Plenty of decent 3B out there. Who's to say that Beltre doesn't end up there?? Dodgers already ruffled his feathers in the past for wanting to get rid of him.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:03 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:Top 5

Not convinced yet he won't move back to SS -- and winning another Gold Glove. Makes too much sense to move Jeter to 2B as he moves great to his left.

Plenty of decent 3B out there. Who's to say that Beltre doesn't end up there?? Dodgers already ruffled his feathers in the past for wanting to get rid of him.

Very interesting points there RG. I've said from the beginning to put Jeter at second and A-Rod back at short. The only reason they didn't is b/c Jeter is the captain. On Beltre though The Dodgers can afford to let him go, it would be PR suicide IMO. Let one of the best Dodger season's in recent memory go for nothing? :-o He may be a bust but that's a chance LA has to take I think.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:24 pm

47 (or whatever he has now) HR's while playing in the best pitcher's park is no fluke IMO. I don't think there's a GM in baseball that thinks it is (unless you're in the Mets organization).

He's 25 (I believe) and hitting his prime. I can't say he was rushed to the bigs because he held his own. I just think the expectations were too high too quick.

If he were 30 and Melvin Mora (and coming out of nowhere), you'd probably have good reason to think it was.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby DK » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:30 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:47 (or whatever he has now) HR's while playing in the best pitcher's park is no fluke IMO. I don't think there's a GM in baseball that thinks it is (unless you're in the Mets organization).

He's 25 (I believe) and hitting his prime. I can't say he was rushed to the bigs because he held his own. I just think the expectations were too high too quick.

If he were 30 and Melvin Mora (and coming out of nowhere), you'd probably have good reason to think it was.

Hey, flukes happen. :D

Personally, I'm not sure if it's a fluke or not. Just unhappy that I didn't draft him. !+)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:53 pm

Actually, Dodger Stadium is above the league average for allowing HR's (based on Park Factors), despite it's stigma of being a hitter's nightmare. The Orioles' Camden Yards is seen as a hitter's park but Dodger Stadium is more conducive to HR's.

If you want to know a hitter's nightmare, that would be PETCO Park, Safeco, Tropicana Field, and the supposed hitter's dream Great American Ballpark. Those are probably the 4 worst hitter's parks.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:21 pm

I think next year has to be: Pujols, Beltran, Vlad for the top three. After that, I think there is going to be a huge difference league-to-league. You could argue that Shef could be there, if healthy. You could argue for other people from Soriano to Bonds to Teixera.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Teix? No way. Too much uncertainty. #1 picks should be sure things, and he's had too many slumps to be a top 12 pick, especially for a 1B. Sheff? Same thing IMO, except injuries make the uncertainty with him. Soriano and Bonds..... maybe. Bonds for sure if you count any sort of walks, like OBA, OPS, or BBs themselves.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby Mugrila » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:46 pm

i'd say arod should go top 4. i think he'll be behind pujols, vlad, and beltran but in front of helton, sheff, soriano, bonds, and tex (i agree with jackal, he still hasn't reached that elite plateau and his avg. really brings him down). just my thoughts
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:03 am

i would say anywhere from #3-#6....... as is a lock that pujols and beltran will\should go ahead of him...and then arod, vlad, abreu, and manny would probably be next depending on the owners wants\needs.........
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:21 am

Abreu should not be picked in the first round next year. I think he is a solid player, but not an top elite player. This year was a semi-fluke IMO. He should be drafted in the second/third round again this year, but people will take him too early.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers