Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where does A-Rod get drafted next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:12 pm

I have Soriano and Guerrero up on there....probably somewhere in the middle of your list.

From a personal standpoint, Edmonds could hit 50 HR's and I still wouldn't draft him the top 50.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 pm

(Marcus) Giles is gonna be a very nice sleeper next year. and i'll prolly take Abreu last first last year... at least a 25-25 with 100 runs and rbi's and .300 BA just cant ignore that.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -47)

Postby great gretzky » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:09 pm

I think abreu and beltran have to be first round, and begrudginly soriano.

If you think about it, if you draft any of the other four cat bats (with the exception of pujols maybe) the tandem I have had of beltran and abreu wickedly outperforms a ramirez/crawford bonds/crawford type tandem.

It is just so helpful to have speed taken care of and power basically taken care of.

If I can next year, I am going to try and get an outfield of 25-25 types, and ichiro. easier said than done of course, but if you went with beltran, abreu, hunter, patterson this year, you would have been so set in speed and power, and you wouldn't have to worry much about trading for needs.

I think I will take a claculated risk with abreu next year. If I can do that, and get the other speed guys and combine it with ichiro in the next round -- you could be massively golden.

follow that up with a late round pick on dunn, and you have power, average, steals, runs taken care of. dunns low at bats due to walks and ichiros high at bats and high average can let you absorb a dunn and enjoy the cheap power. I would think a team like that would be very hard to stop.

If I don't get a pick high enough for beltran, I hope to go back in the round and double dip perhaps and go with an abreu and a huge power bat at the turn -- or ichiro. then take best hitting aviable, and flesh it out with hunter/patterson.

I guess the optimal could be getting soriano and watching abreu slip to the second round -- then fleshing out the outfield.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:38 pm

I agree that if Abreu performs like he did this year next year, he should be taken in the first round. But I doubt he will repeat what has been a career year. He is a great guy to pair with Beltran, but I'd rather not take him in the 1st round. I just dont think he will be worth it.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers