Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bradley suspended for the rest of the regular season... :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bradley suspended for the rest of the regular season... :)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:28 pm

Milton Bradley - OF - Dodgers Free Ship. on Dodgers Tix

MLB suspended outfielder Milton Bradley for the rest of the regular season following the incident in last night's game.
Bradley can appeal and continue to play. Since MLB hasn't announced a set number of games he has to miss, maybe he can drop the appeal prior to Sunday's game and then sit out the rest of the regular season. Sep. 29 - 7:22 pm et

Hopefully LA management knows to execute the loophole. Y'all knew I wouldn't put a smiley face in the title if there wasn't a way out of it.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:39 pm

Actually thats great news ... His BA is killing me ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:47 pm

Sep. 29, 2004 - 8:42 pm et

Milton Bradley won't appeal his suspension. He said he plans to seek anger management counseling.
This must have been worked out beforehand. Bradley will sit out the rest of the regular season and then return for the playoffs. Expect Robin Ventura to benefit most from his absence, as the Dodgers will use Shawn Green in right field and Jayson Werth in left.

Looks like the Dodgers had something to do with this. Anger management would be good for him, though...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:56 pm

warrick95 wrote:Looks like the Dodgers had something to do with this. Anger management would be good for him, though...

Great....now Jack Nicholson will be at Laker AND Dodger games. Just great...

:-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Postby Rkiivs » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:30 am

warrick95 wrote:Sep. 29, 2004 - 8:42 pm et

Milton Bradley won't appeal his suspension. He said he plans to seek anger management counseling.
This must have been worked out beforehand. Bradley will sit out the rest of the regular season and then return for the playoffs. Expect Robin Ventura to benefit most from his absence, as the Dodgers will use Shawn Green in right field and Jayson Werth in left.

Looks like the Dodgers had something to do with this. Anger management would be good for him, though...

Not good enough in my eyes. He should be required to seek anger management counseling. I'd like to know that he is being monitored to ensure he finishes this counseling.

But I'm curious about the fan since I place equal blame on him in this scenario.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member
(Past Year: -25)

Postby warrick95 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:57 am

Fan was arrested, which is great.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:08 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Looks like the Dodgers had something to do with this. Anger management would be good for him, though...

Great....now Jack Nicholson will be at Laker AND Dodger games. Just great...

:-b

LOL :-D

warrick95 wrote:Fan was arrested, which is great.

Should be convicted of something as well, but probably won't unfortunately. :-t
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby thehat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:32 pm

Personally, I don't think what Bradley did here rates five games. He walked directly toward the a-hole that caused the problem and threw the now-empty plastic bottle on the ground. Probably said some deserved uncomplimentary things to the jerk as well.

I guess I'm just an old fart who's out of touch with today's ways, but from where I come from but I HATE the way the we protect and coddle pieces of crap like this bottle tosser.

I was at Caesars palace the night "Fan-Man" decided it would be cool to get involved in the Bowe-Holyfield fight. He succeeded in disturbing the proceedings. He also proceeded to get the living crap beat out of him by both ringsiders and security alike. If this incident were to take place today, those same security people would probably lose their jobs or be suspended.

I'm not advocating an Old West shootout mentality, but IMO the pendulum has swung way too far. And Bradley being suspended is to me total BS. He had every right to be pissed, and to me he showed restraint in not just nailing the piece of crap who started the whole incident.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:01 am

thehat wrote:Personally, I don't think what Bradley did here rates five games. He walked directly toward the a-hole that caused the problem and threw the now-empty plastic bottle on the ground. Probably said some deserved uncomplimentary things to the jerk as well.

I guess I'm just an old fart who's out of touch with today's ways, but from where I come from but I HATE the way the we protect and coddle pieces of crap like this bottle tosser.

I was at Caesars palace the night "Fan-Man" decided it would be cool to get involved in the Bowe-Holyfield fight. He succeeded in disturbing the proceedings. He also proceeded to get the living crap beat out of him by both ringsiders and security alike. If this incident were to take place today, those same security people would probably lose their jobs or be suspended.

I'm not advocating an Old West shootout mentality, but IMO the pendulum has swung way too far. And Bradley being suspended is to me total BS. He had every right to be pissed, and to me he showed restraint in not just nailing the piece of crap who started the whole incident.

Well said. ;-D

I happen to agree that the fan should thank his lucky stars that he only got arrested for what he did.

As to Bradley, maybe he blew up a bit too much, but wouldn't all of us get a bit upset about having a bottle thrown at us? I'm not going to fault him for yelling at the fan and throwing the bottle on the ground.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:16 pm

Oh, I dunno, thehat: would you feel as blase about Bradley's actions if, say, your wife or mother or young son was next to this knucklehead fan? How would you feel about a out of control player throwing objects into the stands now?

I don't fault Bradley completely for his anger, that was never in question, however he made a bad choice on how to resolve it.

Me, I'd been tickled to point out the fan to security and would have a big ol' grin on my face as he got the steel bracelets slapped on him.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member
(Past Year: -25)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers