Return to Baseball Leftovers

Max position player games used..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Max position player games used..

Postby edub88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:45 pm

does anyone know if you run out of outfield starts, do all the stats count for all your outfielders on the day they run out?
edub88
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:51 pm

Yahoo league? I've never gotten confirmation of that one way or the other. Hoping someone can nail down the answer this year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby stumpak » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:52 pm

As long as games remaining said 1 the day before, I would think you would be fine.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Chopper » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:56 pm

It seems like it would be the same as pitchers with all games counting. But, I'm not certain, either. I have noticed that while little else is live in Yahoo, the games played seems to be updated on the fly. I'm pretty sure that I've seen the numbers change during the course of an evening. If so, its possible that games after the max may not count.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby great gretzky » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:53 pm

i think that is right.

I wondered if the let the innings work differently because fantasy player has no way of being EXACT with it like you do with games played.

A start can last up to nine innings, so would that be fair to make you have to allot 9 innings in order to make a start? I just think it is easier for everyone to allow anything goes the last day. Otherwise, which stats would you use if two pitchers were going concurrently?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Bud Light » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:04 pm

Last year on my yahoo league with max IP it would give you stats for the entire last day in which you crossed the threshold. Incidentally it is stupid b/c I was 1 or 2 IP over the limit, but someone who reached the threshold later had like 6 IP over the limit and won the category, b/c I could not accumulate stats anymore for pitching.
Bud Light
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Max position player games used..

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:23 pm

edub88 wrote:does anyone know if you run out of outfield starts, do all the stats count for all your outfielders on the day they run out?

from what i understood from yahoo last year....if the outfield is OF and not LF,CF,RF then all the stats from that last day count to your OF stats for the year..........even if u only need 1 more game for your OF to be full, you can start 3 OF and still get all their stats......hope this helps...... ;-D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Apex » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:55 pm

As with IPs, any games that are played in the same day that the max number is reached count. Last year, I worked it so that I had 1 OF game left to be played on the last day of the season and the stats for all 3 OFs counted in my total.

I also managed to work it out so that I got an extra game at 1B as well. Can't remember which team it was, but there was a DH on the last Saturday of the regular season, and I had 1 game left at 1B going into Saturday. My starting 1B was playing in the DH, so I got both games worth of stats! Then, I used him in my UTIL slot on Sunday and maxed out at every position but catcher for the season!

Worked out great, but it still wasn't enough to catch first place. Oh well!
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby edub88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:25 pm

thanks guys..my yahoo league just lists OF
edub88
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers