Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soemthing i read on yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:55 pm

DK wrote:Jeez, I'm a MET fan and I can sympathize with Giambi. The man had cancer. He's having a hard road back. I understand that he doesn't produce, but don't say he sucks.

Why don't you try having cancer and then go back to your very physically demanding job at full efficiency?

Have a heart.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with his cancer. Ever since he became a Yankee, he's sucked. Sure his 2002 season stats looked pretty good, but compare them to 2000 and 2001 in Oakland. Then let's not mention 2003 when his average plummeted to .250 and he seemed to strike out in multiple big situations. Then this year, before the cancer, he couldn't hit. I mean, he's just been a complete dissapointment since becoming a Yankee. I like the guy and I'll defend him with the steroid issue, and there's no way I'm ragging on him because he got cancer...I'm just saying that he's not lived up to his potential.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:45 pm

nsulham wrote:No matter how "smart" it is, it is pretty damn interesting that a guy making that much money is off the playoff roster. What other team would you see that happen?

I would like to think that most teams would go with who they thought would help them win over who makes the most $$. He has missed a lot of time for reasons that we all know. He still doesn't have his strength back and with the uncertainty of El Duque, it makes sense to carry another pitcher, even if his name is Loaiza. :-o

Mad........I think that your favorite player is in in place of Giambi. At least for now. El Duque's questionable arm has caused that. :-/
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:No matter how "smart" it is, it is pretty damn interesting that a guy making that much money is off the playoff roster. What other team would you see that happen?

I would like to think that most teams would go with who they thought would help them win over who makes the most $$. He has missed a lot of time for reasons that we all know. He still doesn't have his strength back and with the uncertainty of El Duque, it makes sense to carry another pitcher, even if his name is Loaiza. :-o

Mad........I think that your favorite player is in in place of Giambi. At least for now. El Duque's questionable arm has caused that. :-/

i'm not saying its the wrong decesion, i just find it...humorous, that he was left off the roster
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -115)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:30 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

i'm not saying its the wrong decesion, i just find it...humorous, that he was left off the roster

It will also be humorous if Giambi is on the roster for the ALCS and he hits another 2 HR off of Pedro. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:32 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

It will also be humorous if Giambi is on the roster for the ALCS and he hits another 2 HR off of Pedro. :-)

i'm going to have to disagree...that wouldnt be humor, it would be torture
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -115)

Postby bunyan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:16 am

Although manager Joe Torre wouldn't say for sure that Hernandez would be placed on the roster, general manager Brian Cashman all but confirmed that the Yankees will take 11 pitchers, meaning that Jason Giambi will likely not be eligible for the first round.

"Obviously if we went with 10 pitchers, Jason would be an option for us as a man on the bench. If we go with 11 pitchers, he's not," Cashman said. "Our intention is to go with 11 pitchers, with Giambi probably being off and Duque obviously being an issue."

from mlb.com : http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/m ... &fext=.jsp

it looks like he will be off, this link also says that loaiza will be on the roster as the emergency long reliever, but my question is who's that 14th position player on the roster? Bubba Crosby?
bunyan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:20 am

Torre said today that Crosby is on the roster.
Lofunzo

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:33 am

When the hell did Jason Giambi have cancer?
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:55 am

Yeah when the hell did he have cancer? Like 10 people have agreed, discussed, and sympathised over his "cancer", but all he had was a benign tumor. Doesn't benign mean "not cancerous"? I don't think benign tumors are a serious health concern. Yeah I'm sure it was tough to come back from, but it's reminding me of Seinfeld when the guy never had cancer but he got free stuff (including a toupée) and sympathy from everybody he told that he did (played by Jon Lovitz) :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:17 am

Yeah what the hell am I thinking. He never had cancer. Just a tumor.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers