Return to Baseball Leftovers

REDS HOMERS---- help with the 05' outfield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:45 pm

LBJackal wrote:Didn't Larkin say he wants to come back? I can't see him being anything more than a utility guy to fill in at SS, 2B, 3B, or the OF when both Kearns and Griff are on the DL. Why doesn't he just retire...

That's up in the air but he did say goodbye to the crowd

http://www.canada.com/sports/baseball/s ... 9685c0b0ae
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:51 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
wrveres wrote:If Heatlhy .... and thats a big IF

then it will definetly be Dunn, Griffey and Kearns ...
Pena will be the 4th OF, But I suspect he will recieve a ton of playing time.

being the 4thOF in a team with kearns, it's almost guarantee that you will get lots of playing time. :-b .

well said.......you just need to add griffey to that as well, because with a outfield of griffey and kearns, a teams 4th outfielder could probably play 135 games......
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:20 pm

I'm not a Reds homer, but live close enough that the local media thinks everyone is a Reds fan. :-t I think Dunn, Griffey, Kearns would be the opening day starting three. But you know Griffey and/or Kearns will go down for at least a little while so Pena will get more PT than all fourth OF's that's for sure.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby Ender » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:49 pm

Kearns wont' be healthy and even if he his, he'll hit himself out of the lineup.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby hybrid » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:00 pm

Ender wrote:Kearns wont' be healthy and even if he his, he'll hit himself out of the lineup.

Huh, when he is healthy Kearns is the best hitter they have.

About Casey, sure he is a fan fav, but it's also the next best move besides trading away Griffey that the Reds can make. Red Sox did trade away Nomar who was the face of the Sox for years.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Ender » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:34 pm

The guy has had half of a good year, for some reason everyone got on his bandwagon and now he has limped through the last 2 years of his career. When he was healthy to start this year he hit UNDER .200. Sorry its just annoying to hear how great he is when he hasn't proven anything, I even was talking to someone who suggested he is a future hall of famer, he hasn't done anything yet. Both of the last 2 years he has underwhelmed when healthy and then gotten hurt.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hybrid » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:31 pm

Well lets see he hit .315 in 2002, then in 2003 when he was healthy was hitting over .300 again. So really your arguement doesn't hold water, he has been their best hitter while healthy. Nice try on trying to bring up this year, oh yeah he had 50 AB's heck of a sample size to say he struggled this year when healthy. After that he was hurt on and off the whole year basically. I don't care if people question his durability, cause that is obvious, but to question his talent is just silly.

How did he underwhelm last year when he was healthy? He had one of the top averages, at the top of hr's and rbi's before he was hurt. I guess you could say he underwhelmed this year when healthy, those 50 ABs you know.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:55 am

exactly, as a matter of fact, he was leading the league in homeruns before he went down in 2003.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:58 am

yeah, i'm with hybrid on this one. there is no way kearns will lose his job if he's healthy. when healthy. i can see him batting 30/100/280, but again, when healthy and i don't think that can happen, unfortunatly :~( wasn't he in the top 5 in RBIs or HRs last year before going down with the injury? i've drafted him in the last two years, but i dunno if i will get him next season, but i have no doubt he can hit
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:59 am

wrveres wrote:exactly, as a matter of fact, he was leading the league in homeruns before he went down in 2003.

oh well, i guess someone beat me to the argument by 3 minutes ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers