Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lyons' take on rallies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:35 pm

Apollo wrote:Just for another random question, how does the league OBP with RISP compare to the overall league OBP?

That would either substantiate or kill the "nervous, wild pitcher" theory.

Without really looking at the stats I think there might be a small problem. There are many situations where a player will be walked with RISP to setup a double play oppurtunity. If no one else gets to it I'll run the stats tomorrow.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:20 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:OK, I guess this theory is BS, then. :-D Steve Lyons, you are an idiot. :-D

I could have told you that and we wouldn't have needed this thread. :-b

At least he was better than his partner. Man, that guy was awful! I think he knew he was bad, so he overcompensated with tons of movie references. And I think he said the word "cliche" about 10 times. :-t :-P

Agreed. I think that is more an indication of Lyons than the partner, though. If I'm not mistaken, he used to be paired with Brennaman on the #2 team but now is working with whoever is available.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers