Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus not likely to return to Anaheim.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:09 pm

hooligan1 wrote:
stumpak wrote:Regardless of where he lands, I still maintain that Glaus is one of the more overrated players there is, especially now that 3B is so deep. That .250 BA will KILL YOU and factoring in the injury risk, I just wouldn't touch him.

That said, would you touch him if you had bench space and he could be had in the 18th round or for $3 in your draft? Or not?
8-o For that price/draft spot everyone should want him.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:11 pm

hooligan1 wrote:
stumpak wrote:Regardless of where he lands, I still maintain that Glaus is one of the more overrated players there is, especially now that 3B is so deep. That .250 BA will KILL YOU and factoring in the injury risk, I just wouldn't touch him.

That said, would you touch him if you had bench space and he could be had in the 18th round or for $3 in your draft? Or not?

For that price, I would jump all over him. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:14 pm

Can anyone say Mariners?

Naw that would never happen.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby hooligan1 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:23 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
hooligan1 wrote:

8-o For that price/draft spot everyone should want him.

Believe it or not, he actually was drafted in the 18th in my main league this past season, pre-injury. You see......we count batter K's as a negative stat! So guys like Glaus, Dunn, P. Wilson, Jose Hernandez, etc, are not highly sought after in our league.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby stumpak » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:36 pm

I would definitely take him in the 18th round or for $3; despite his limitations he would be a great guy to have on your bench since he definitely does have power--probably better than anything on the WW if you have a 3B or U injury. And he would make great trade bait if heats up.

My point was that people like to talk about him as top 3B, but if consider BA when looking at his total value, it things do not look so good, even with all the HRs. It is more that he is overvalued rather than he has no value.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Phenomenon » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:18 pm

Lofunzo wrote:How about Glaus to the Yanks to play 3B?? An infield of Giambi at 1B, Jeter at 2B, Glaus at 3B, and A-Rod at SS. It'll never happen but a guy can dream, right?? :-)

I think the Yank's should sign free agent Todd Walker for 2B, and leave A-Rod and jeter right where they are. ;-D
Phenomenon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:00 pm

Phenomenon wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:How about Glaus to the Yanks to play 3B?? An infield of Giambi at 1B, Jeter at 2B, Glaus at 3B, and A-Rod at SS. It'll never happen but a guy can dream, right?? :-)

I think the Yank's should sign free agent Todd Walker for 2B, and leave A-Rod and jeter right where they are. ;-D

LOL. No thanks. :-) I actually like Cairo a lot and hope that George doesn't go name hunting at 2B. He should just go after some starting pitching. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby tiger spit » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:51 am

Baseballer02 wrote:Any idea if the Braves plan too make any big moves this offseason? It seems that as much as they reduced their payroll in '04, they have a little cash to spend. Signing Glaus and moving Chipper back to the OF could be great.

the braves have their future star 3b in their farm..
his name is andy marte.

they will not block marte even more by getting glaus.

chipper will play there till marte is ready..

ps. should be a sept call up for marte.
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers