Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian Giles

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian Giles

Postby denvermax » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:44 pm

What OF spots will he qualify for next year?
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:05 pm

Just RF unfortunately, unlike this year in which he qualified at all 3 OF positions
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -52)

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:37 pm

Mustangs is correct. ;-D

159 games in RF.

1 game as a pinch hitter.

That's it. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:59 pm

although i can't say that 23/94/284 is a bad year, i'm looking for giles to rebound and post better numbers next year.

even though he'll play hald of his games in petco, i think he can do a little better ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:29 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:although i can't say that 23/94/284 is a bad year, i'm looking for giles to rebound and post better numbers next year.

even though he'll play hald of his games in petco, i think he can do a little better ;-D

I'm not so sure. The park, as you mentioned, his age, and his declining stats over the years (except for SB this year) might signal a downward trend. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:10 am

Lofunzo wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:although i can't say that 23/94/284 is a bad year, i'm looking for giles to rebound and post better numbers next year.

I'm not so sure. The park, as you mentioned, his age, and his declining stats over the years (except for SB this year) might signal a downward trend. :-?

}:-)

is there a "reach across the monitor and strangle him" smiley? ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:03 am

Lofunzo wrote:

Maybe but I'm betting more on a bad knee. But he will be 34 this year. If you have planning on taking Giles I would pay close attention in Spring training.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:25 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Is he your fave?? O:-) I don't think that he's bad. I like him and I still have visions of that great catch he made in Pittsburgh at the new stadium. :-) While I wouldn't mind him on my fantasy team at the right price, he is someone that I would rather have on my real team. I don't get all that excited about someone who had the following ranks for an OF:

Runs - T24
HR - T36
RBI - T18
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:43 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Is he your fave?? O:-) I don't think that he's bad. I like him and I still have visions of that great catch he made in Pittsburgh at the new stadium. :-) While I wouldn't mind him on my fantasy team at the right price, he is someone that I would rather have on my real team. I don't get all that excited about someone who had the following ranks for an OF:

Runs - T24
HR - T36
RBI - T18

Let's see, 12 team league, 3 outfielders per teamand you've also got Util spots and Multi-pos. players). That's at least a def. 36+ outfielders being used, in which Giles in the top top 36 in the cats. you mentioned. Throw in the extra 10 SBs and the fact that the Padres seem to improve as a team every year. I gotta say I'd be pretty damn happy to have him on my fantasy roster.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -15)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:58 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Runs - T24
HR - T36
RBI - T18

Let's see, 12 team league, 3 outfielders per teamand you've also got Util spots and Multi-pos. players). That's at least a def. 36+ outfielders being used, in which Giles in the top top 36 in the cats. you mentioned. Throw in the extra 10 SBs and the fact that the Padres seem to improve as a team every year. I gotta say I'd be pretty damn happy to have him on my fantasy roster.

I said that I wouldn't mind him on my team at the right price. ;-) Using your math of 36 OF in a 12-team league, he is only in the top 50% in RBI (and barely). Good but certainly not great.
Lofunzo

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers