Return to Baseball Leftovers

Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Papi4Pres34 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:55 pm

i would just love to see the twins win the world series but i just dont see it happening in the next couple of years.
Papi4Pres34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

yea

Postby GreenMonsterGoon » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:52 pm

Indians all the way......
D-Mat, Schilling, Beckett, and Papelbon - Wow!
GreenMonsterGoon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TonyCee » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:56 pm

I love the Twins, I live in MN, there my team but did you see who they signed??? (No One) Did you see who the Yanks, BoSox, & Angels signed?? (Errbody) We just don't have the firepower to match that in the Playoffs. (play-OFFS!!)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:04 pm

TonyCee wrote:I love the Twins, I live in MN, there my team but did you see who they signed??? (No One) Did you see who the Yanks, BoSox, & Angels signed?? (Errbody) We just don't have the firepower to match that in the Playoffs. (play-OFFS!!)

The Twins rarely sign big free agents, but maybe you missed the signing of Brad Radke and they kept Jacque Jones. They will definetly contend for the ALCS with a decent pitching staff, and a young talented team. 4-PEAT!
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:17 pm

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I love the Twins, I live in MN, there my team but did you see who they signed??? (No One) Did you see who the Yanks, BoSox, & Angels signed?? (Errbody) We just don't have the firepower to match that in the Playoffs. (play-OFFS!!)

The Twins rarely sign big free agents, but maybe you missed the signing of Brad Radke and they kept Jacque Jones. They will definetly contend for the ALCS with a decent pitching staff, and a young talented team. 4-PEAT!

No offense but billionaire Carl Pohlad is hardly cash strapped and has a lot more money than George. You get what you pay for and invest in.
Last edited by TheYanks04 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby El Gaupo » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:19 pm

Resigned Radke ;-D Twins have young studs: Morneau, Mauer, Crain. Future studs Durbin, Barlett, Baker and Kubel solid vetrans
Best Pitcher Santana, Great closer a highly underrated GM

IMO ther best run org. in recent memory. The one team I do not want to play in the playoffs :-o :-o
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:42 pm

El Gaupo wrote:

Resigned Radke ;-D Twins have young studs: Morneau, Mauer, Crain. Future studs Durbin, Barlett, Baker and Kubel solid vetrans
Best Pitcher Santana, Great closer a highly underrated GM

IMO ther best run org. in recent memory. The one team I do not want to play in the playoffs :-o :-o

Great Points El Guapo.

Here are some more

Lew Ford-another great young player
Hunter- Best Defensive CF in the game? I think so
Stewart- Clutch, career .300 hitter
Radke- 3.19 ERA in post season, 4.23 regular season, not too shabby
JOE NATHAN- 44 Sv's last year

Possibly the best farm system in the MLB also!
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby JDD » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:57 pm

The Twins will do just fine, but still won't know who to run out there for game two or three.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 am

Let's not count out the enigmatic White Sox either. I think the Twins, Indians, and Sox will all be decent teams this year, but it seems to me a race for who can get their butts kicked in the playoffs. The AL central is still a weak division.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby looptid » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:07 am

In reference to previous posts, Jacque Jones is going to be terribly overpaid at $5 million next season for a right fielder witth an average and inaccurate arm who posts an OBP near .300. The Jaun Castro signing was a waste of another million dollars as he is just a more expensive version of Nick Punto and Augie Ojeda. Luis Rivas was a waste of another $1.65 million when offense and defense considered the Twins could get the same production out of Cuddyer. That's $7.65 million the Twins didn't need to spend, which is a huge chunk of change for a team that will come in under $60 million for their 2005 payroll. Then they let Koskie walk for much less than the aforementioned $7.65 million and Cuddyer probably ends up playing third, where he is worse defensively than second.

Chicago's collection of medicore starters won't be able to overcome the loss of Maglio Ordonez, and I would be worried about Frank Thomas moving back to first base.

Cleveland's young hitters should at least match their production last season. If they can improve one of baseball's worst bullpens, they'll be the team to challenge the Twins.

The division, and the Twins success in the playoffs, comes down to two players: Mauer and Morneau. If both are healthy and producing the Twins will be much improved from last season. If not, and with Mauer's knee that may be a big if, I think the Indians will overtake them.

The Twins will have the best bullpen in baseball with Nathan, Rincon, Crain, Romero, Balfour, et. all. Where they could do with some help is getting some of their young pitchers (Durbin, Baker, Balfour) to step up and take over for Lohse and Mulholland in the back of the rotation, as Lohse and Mulholland can only offer innings and nothing else.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers