Return to Baseball Leftovers

Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Well then, I guess the thread is over. The Twins fan has spoken. You make many assumptions in the last post, but I am not here to be critical. I still think the nuts and bolts of this thing are about how weak the central division is. I think the top team in the central (who knows who it could be) will be comparable to the third team in the east (Baltimore?) and possibly even the fourth team in the west (Texas?, Oakland?, Seattle?).

While winning the central division is a nice season accomplishment, it's like winning the division III football title and then having to play Oklahoma for the championship. (I realize this is overstating, but I feel like I have to have some authority after looptid's fascinating lecture).
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby looptid » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:13 pm

That's the beauty of a best-of-five series and even a best-of-seven series... or fatal flaw, depending on how you want to look at it.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby TonyCee » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:02 pm

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I love the Twins, I live in MN, there my team but did you see who they signed??? (No One) Did you see who the Yanks, BoSox, & Angels signed?? (Errbody) We just don't have the firepower to match that in the Playoffs. (play-OFFS!!)

The Twins rarely sign big free agents, but maybe you missed the signing of Brad Radke and they kept Jacque Jones. They will definetly contend for the ALCS with a decent pitching staff, and a young talented team. 4-PEAT!

El Gaupo wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I love the Twins, I live in MN, there my team but did you see who they signed??? (No One) Did you see who the Yanks, BoSox, & Angels signed?? (Errbody) We just don't have the firepower to match that in the Playoffs. (play-OFFS!!)

Resigned Radke ;-D Twins have young studs: Morneau, Mauer, Crain. Future studs Durbin, Barlett, Baker and Kubel solid vetrans
Best Pitcher Santana, Great closer a highly underrated GM

IMO ther best run org. in recent memory. The one team I do not want to play in the playoffs :-o :-o

I said Sign, not Re-sign, resigning the player you had the previous year is not an upgrade, lol.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:19 pm

TonyCee wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:

The Twins rarely sign big free agents, but maybe you missed the signing of Brad Radke and they kept Jacque Jones. They will definetly contend for the ALCS with a decent pitching staff, and a young talented team. 4-PEAT!

El Gaupo wrote:

Resigned Radke ;-D Twins have young studs: Morneau, Mauer, Crain. Future studs Durbin, Barlett, Baker and Kubel solid vetrans

IMO ther best run org. in recent memory. The one team I do not want to play in the playoffs :-o :-o

I said Sign, not Re-sign, resigning the player you had the previous year is not an upgrade, lol.

Well they don't really need to upgrade anyways, there minor league talent is coming up to the majors...who cares if Guzzie and Koskie are gone.
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby DK » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:30 pm

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
El Gaupo wrote:

Great Points El Guapo.

Here are some more

Lew Ford-another great young player
Hunter- Best Defensive CF in the game? I think so
Stewart- Clutch, career .300 hitter
Radke- 3.19 ERA in post season, 4.23 regular season, not too shabby
JOE NATHAN- 44 Sv's last year

Possibly the best farm system in the MLB also!

Aaaaaaaahhhh......... :-o
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:38 pm

DK wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
El Gaupo wrote:

Great Points El Guapo.

Here are some more

Okay only .286 Postseason Avg. but the image i remember of him is hitting a walk off HR to win on opening day.
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby blankman » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
DK wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
El Gaupo wrote:

Great Points El Guapo.

Here are some more

Okay only .286 Postseason Avg. but the image i remember of him is hitting a walk off HR to win on opening day.

LOL, One instance (at the beginning of the season too) and he's clutch :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:38 am

Tavish wrote:
slomo007 wrote:The AL Central is pretty hard to predict...except that the Royals will be last. :-b

You have been bookmarked. When the Royals surprise everyone and finish 4th in the division there will be no end to the grief I will give you for this prediction. :-P

Think I forgot? :-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:46 am

I thought this got bumped for White Sox bragging, but no, it was Tavish eating crow pie for his prediction of the Royals finishing 4th? :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby RynMan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:33 pm

The search feature can be so cruel. Another reason to think extremely hard before you say something. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers