Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who would YOU pick at 3B for this team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:26 pm

thaklanksta wrote:I'd take Koskie but keep a very close watch on Atkins!

He's right. Listen to him, even though he has "the klan" in his name.
Absolutely Adequate
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:31 pm

Gotta love these threads where the originator never replies but the advice goes on for weeks.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby FoolOnTheHill » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Figgins was mentioned -- I agree, he could be the best of the bunch. No reason Koskie can't put up nice numbers though too. Oh yeah, I forgot, he goes down again. Nope, don't think so -- I predict a good year for him. But I also like that Inge kid -- lots of upside -- he could do well. And somebody mentioned multi-position eligibility -- good point. Another one for Figgins! Aaaron Boone is worth a look. And Juan Uribe -- don't forget about him. But fuhgeddabout Castilla.
FoolOnTheHill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:35 am

With out haveing read this whole thread ( as I already made up my mind ), Koskie would be my vote.

He got healthier after the All-Star break last year and posted a respectable 12HR and 34RBI in 185AB's as oppossed to 13HR and 37RBI in 237AB's before the break. His average improved .015 points from his .245AVE pre All-Star break to a .259AVE post All-Star break average. Not that .259AVE is something that really helped last year.

His AVE aside, his power returned and I think that is indicative of him being healthy and that he should return to around his .280 career AVE this year with the BlueJays.

Koskie gets my vote.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers