Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Stamina

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fantasyfiend » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:34 am

in other words, your the type of dude who jumps into a league then ditches there team half way through?
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrimeDog » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:45 am

I could see that happening to someone who joins too many leagues, but for me I never lose interest at all in any of the teams I have, I love it from opening day til the last day of the season.
CrimeDog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby fantasyfiend » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:50 am

Yes, thats why I am exclusive to one league, and do a very good job making sure I dont join a league with owners like the author of this thread.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pedantic » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:40 am

fantasyfiend wrote:Yes, thats why I am exclusive to one league, and do a very good job making sure I dont join a league with owners like the author of this thread.

I don't see anything in his post about ditching teams. Don't jump to conclusions.

Y`s Guy wrote:I still do transactions and stuff but I find it to be tedious.

I will admit that I did get very sick and tired of fantasy baseball last season and more or less didn't do a whole lot of checking on many of my teams. Of course, this was due partly to having fourteen teams and partly due to issues which I am not inclined to discuss here and which I don't feel anyone has the right to judge me on for not being as active as I should have been in some of my leagues.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Yes, Y's, I know exactly what you are talking about. There is no way my interest is any greater than it is right now through the first couple weeks of the season. The anticipation is the best part.

That being said, once my interest level goes from 11 on a scale of one to ten, to a 9 or 10, that doesn't make me any worse an owner, as these other flamers are suggesting.

Gradually over the course of the season the grind does wear on me - especially in seasons where I have no chance at the money and my only joy is planning my rebuild effort. But even in my championship season in 2003, I swear August and September were more stress than fun. I was so relieved when it was over. I needed a break bad.

It's a little easier to keep interest in head-to-head because even if you're having a crappy season, you have a chance at winning every week.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -1)

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:23 am

Maybe join a $$ league with a well divided out prize pool to keep interest?? (i.e. High scores of the week, Top XX records of the half-season, Top XX records of the season, League Champ/Runner-up/3rd, Toilet Tourney Champ, AL/NL MVP's, AL/NL Cy Young, All-Star MVP, World Series MVP).

I agree if you have 10-12 leagues, you'll get bored. Having $$ on the line (vs. bragging rights) keeps everyone's interest intact -- if they have some shot of winning some dough.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby trevisc » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:37 am

I'm so obsessed with my fantasy teams that I usually don't even have time to post at the cafe during the regular season. Just ask any of ther Vets around here..from April to October my posts are waaaaay down.

:-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -258)
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:54 am

Yeah, I was getting a little burned out in August when I was 6th place, which I couldn't understand since I had done so well before, and then all of a sudden, I started getting real hot and climbing up the rankings. Thank you, Vladimir Guerrero.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers