Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Stamina

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:27 pm

It is almost inevitable at some point in the season we all feel a little drain...and mine usually comes around the ASB...I find that I need that little break to set my mind for the second half... :-°

But like Sticky said...going from a 11 to a 9 really isn't that bad... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasyfiend » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:12 pm

I just have problems with people who spread themselves way to thin by joining every league they can (just because they HAVE TO "draft")then hurting those owners they joined a league with by taking weeks to respond to trades..and neglecting there teams.

its easy to keep up with multiple teams in the early part of any season, just dont ruin my league because you can't stay away from a draft and a league invitation.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby free » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:34 pm

i found last year that having a minor's draft helps with the burn out. it's almost like anoter offseason of reviewing a new set of players.
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -16)

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:48 pm

I was running three of my teams all season and helping a few other owners; I got a little burnt out in the dog days of summer as well. And after the season was over I noticed an additional hour of free time per day that I had to fill the void with. I think I was a little over-taxed last year; it showed when I drafted a sub-par Fantasy Football team in late August.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Honus » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:39 am

I have definitely had the same feelings as this poster. Six months is a long season, especially if you are not in the running for a league championship. My favorite part of fantasy baseball is the draft, which really gets my blood pumping. After that, the appeal dwindles when the "start-up phase of the business" switches over to the day-to-day "operational phase of the business." I would prefer 6 one-month-long seasons to 1 six-month-long season.
We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out. Decca Recording, 1962
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke
Fortune favors the bold. Virgil
Honus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 am

ive noticed the past few years that when i joined like 5 or 6 free leagues on yahoo i would start to los interest in all of them and it would be hard to keep up with every single one, thats why now i just switch to have probably 2 to 3 leagues so i can enjoy those ones more
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -144)

Postby bleach168 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:27 am

By losing interest, are you guys really meaning going dead?

I could never do that, as it is very disrespectful to the other players and I know how it feels when someone does it to me.

Normally, I check my leagues everyday. If I were to lose interest, I would probably check in every 2-3 days.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:09 pm

bleach168 wrote:By losing interest, are you guys really meaning going dead?

I could never do that, as it is very disrespectful to the other players and I know how it feels when someone does it to me.

Normally, I check my leagues everyday. If I were to lose interest, I would probably check in every 2-3 days.

by losing interest i guess i mean not keeping up to my roster everyday and stuff like that, ill still change it every 3 or 4 days though but ill set up who will be starting for me in advance so that i dont have to get one everyday, therefore i dont exactly look at favorable and unfavorable matchups
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -144)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:40 pm

I can't recall ever suffering a mid-late season malaise of the type many here describe. Perhaps it's because of the circumstances I've put myself in:
One league
$$
Fellow owners I know personally (and who need regular doses of verbal smack)
Daily transactions
Never been out of the playoff hunt

... or, could be I've just got a defective gene that doesn't allow fantasy baseball to lose its entertainment value ;-D
... would be like getting bored with brewing up another batch of IPA ;-)
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers