Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Stamina

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dmville » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:24 pm

Usually get a burnout around all star break, but all teams in our league get $$ back based on record so it pays to keep active til the end even if you are at the bottom.

And then when the rosters expand and we get the new rookies showing up in the database that we can sign for multiple years, it gets really interesting again.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbird669 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:44 pm

If I am in the $$ hunt near the end of the year, then I am still in it. But if I am out of the money come NFL Kickoff Weekend, I turn my attention to the Fantasy Football Season.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:12 pm

bleach168 wrote:By losing interest, are you guys really meaning going dead?

I didn't mean it that way at all.... B-)

It is just for me, around the ASB is where all the research starts getting to me...I get a little less interested in that part of it then...I always check in on my teams atleast once a day....and generally much, much more than that... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:31 pm

eftda wrote:I might not check a team for a day or two but I never 'give up'.

dont give up............don't EVER give up
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -144)

Postby tlef316 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 pm

i check all my leagues at the same time every morning. Ill admit i do tend to slack on my non- important leagues in terms of transactions. For example, if one of my players is quietly having a bad year, it takes me way too long to notice and pick someone up to sub in for. It didnt really hurt me last year, as all my yahoo pub teams were stacked at the draft(won 6 of 8 leagues, finished 2nd and 3rd in the other two) but it has backfired in previous years.

Im my serious leagues, such as our cafe keeper, i never get bored. I did get frustrated last year since my cheap closer strategy backfired(drafted baez, macdougal and mantei :,-( ) and trevisc woke up 1 hour earlier than me the morning after every new cheap closer emerged.

i also play TSN ultimate fantasy baseball, which requires lots of daily upkeep, so i never slack there.

edit: why does the "angry" smiley turn into that stupid kissy face? Is it a joke or an oversight?
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:44 pm

tlef316 wrote:edit: why does the "angry" smiley turn into that stupid kissy face? Is it a joke or an oversight?

That is a little of menyak's humor....helps keep a little of the flaming down too....we affectionately call him Bob... :-b
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers