Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chi Cubs batting order?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:20 pm

I don't see it as being too likely that there'll be any singular 'lineup' for the Cubs. I think that w/o Sammy 'chained' to hitting 3rd, Dusty will fiddle around w/ it more until he stumbles on something that works.

I do like the idea of Walker moving into more of a leadoff role though. It would be nice to have some baserunners for a change!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:30 pm

HollywoodHershiserz wrote:Here it is:

1-Hairston Jr.
2-Patterson
3-Garciaparra
4-Ramirez
5-Lee
6-Burnitz
7-Walker
8-Barrett

The one lock is that Aramis will hit clean-up. Who needs Sammy anyway?

This is the lineup that makes the most sense to me. Nomar will not hit in the #5 hole...he's a better hitter than Lee. I can't see Lee as a #3 hitter. I think Dusty will keep Patterson's speed near the top, and Burnitz should see some nice RBI opportunities at #6. I just can't see Walker near the top over Patterson. Not a bad lineup at all, #2 thru #6 is very, very solid.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:31 pm

Im pretty sure HollywoodHershiserz's linuep prediction is right on. If Patterson took anything away from Brett Butler, he whould have at least a bit more plate discipline and bunting ability. He would be a perfect #2 if he improves even a bit on his discipline. Im really excited to see the Cubs lineup in action....
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:43 pm

I can see Lee in the #5 slot if he is a late starter as he has shown the last couple of years. He was very cool the first couple of months of last year and the year before that as well...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:41 pm

i hope a-ram hits cleanup, cause he's one one of my teams this year and I could see him raking it up.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:33 pm

I know you're not supposed to get guys you are fond of but I am anticipating drool-worthy numbers from Aramis this year and, if he's there, I'm going to get him anyway!! I like Zambrano and had lots of fun w/ him last year, even during the meltdowns....
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JGreer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:21 pm

WittyC wrote:I think Hairston and C-Pat will start at the top as the season begins. Dusty brought in Brett Butler and Vince Coleman to work with the team on playing small ball, so I'll be surprised if they don't at least give their quick guys a chance as the season kicks off. In all honesty, we probably won't know for sure until Spring Training concludes.

C-Pat? Since when is this guy C-Pat???? I though you had to be good to get a nickname like A-Rod.

One of the most over-rated players I have ever seen. Pencil him in for another 160+ strikeouts and a few times getting deked on fake double plays.
JGreer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wp001g » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:44 am

any one think hairston will pick up enough playing time at 2B to qualify. my league has a 15 game min.
wp001g
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JGreer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:08 am

wp001g wrote:any one think hairston will pick up enough playing time at 2B to qualify. my league has a 15 game min.

Yes, but probably not until midseason. For some reason, the cubs think Todd Walker is a full time player. Dusty Baylor is typically loyal to his starters to a fault, so Walker would really need to struggle or get hurt for Hairston to get any time at second. Unless Hairston is used as a late inning defensive replacement because Walker is a hack at second base. In that case, his "games played" might add up quicker.
JGreer
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers