Return to Baseball Leftovers

I think Aaron Rowand is way overrated.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:24 am

Well I'll have to disagree with you guys. The kid really matured at the dish last year -- he started going the other way on outside pitches (vs. trying to pull everything).

He's right around Lew Ford territory. Nice and relatively cheap 5 cat player.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:27 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Here's an outfielder with a 3/1 k/bb ratio who didn't make a splash until he was 27... He's a free swinger with a very small track record.

I'll draft Griffey before Rowand shows up on my roster. He's incredibly overrated and thank you for pointing it out.
At least Rowand is going to play most of the season :-b . Every year KGJ is a late round pick and they think they are getting a bargain, and every year he is a disappointment. He is never going to be that great player he was in Seattle anymore.

Griffey at least gives a couple of months of production...at which point you can dump him and pick up a decent free agent. At least he doesn't waste his time going through slumps....he's either slugging or injured. 8-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:07 am

Rowand is a good player, not a great one. He broke in late in his career so he has probably playing the best he ever will. In fact I don't expect anything better than

.285-90-25-90-20

If he can do that I'd be happy :-) There isn't a surplus of 20/20 players out there :-?

I don't think he is over-valued, and apparently others don't think so either. Here are some of his mock draft positions:

113.75-Ave.

Looks like he's going around 10th-11th round.
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers