Return to Baseball Leftovers

guillen or anderson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:31 pm

It's kind of a tossup, both have risks as GA didn't just have an 'injury' but had arthritis which I understand doesn't really EVER go away, just comes and goes depending on how much time you are willing to invest in managing it.

Sure Guillen may blow at any moment but Washington might be an interesting place for him to blossom, as it were. He's ALWAYS had his worst blowups when he feels that his playing time is threatened (being 4th man while batting over .300 in Cincy and when pulled for a pinch runner...) and, by batting over .400 in the post season w/ a broken hand, has shown that he CAN be a gamer when he's playing. Who knows, maybe MLB will let him have some prozac or something this year?

I like GA as a player and person very well but, as both of them are 3rd OF due to the injury/ psycho issues, I'd take the psycho over the guy w/ the debilitating and potentially chronic condition. I don't see GA playing enough to get grooved to hit 30 homers, much less 40. Maybe he will and I'll certainly be pleased if he does but not enough to grab him in a draft unless he dribbles down to the 10th round or thereabouts. I try to avoid injuries whenever possible when drafting, unless it's an amazing player and I'll take broken bones before sprains strains and both before arthritis or whatever the hell Maggs has.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers