Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who[i] should[/i] go #1?...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:52 am

You are dropping a career 305 hitter .25 points just to suit your arguement.

Arod will be much closer to .300 than .280 at the end of 2005 ..

What do you want to bet?
Avatars?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:02 am

wrveres wrote:Arod will be much closer to .300 than .280 at the end of 2005 ..

What do you want to bet?
Avatars?


I'll PM this to you just to make sure you get it ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:07 am

wrveres wrote:You are dropping a career 305 hitter .25 points just to suit your arguement.

Arod will be much closer to .300 than .280 at the end of 2005 ..

What do you want to bet?
Avatars?


I already bet my avatar. And I'm not doing it to suit my argument, I'm doing it because his numbers in Arlington are irrelevent since Yankee Stadium is his home now. He's not playing 81 games in that hitter's haven. You can name your price though for an O/U set at .290, and I'll take the under.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9018
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:20 am

How many ways can you type .300 ??? :-°
For AROD's career ...

AVG
vs.BAL 0.325
 vs.BOS 0.292
vs.ANA 0.331
 vs.CWS 0.245
vs.CLE 0.299
vs.DET 0.355
vs.KC 0.316
vs.MIN 0.328
 vs.OAK 0.273
 vs.SEA 0.293
vs.TEX 0.322
vs.TOR 0.335
 vs.TB 0.250

Pre All Star 0.307
Post All-Star 0.304

 April 0.321
 May 0.317
 June 0.303
 July 0.307
 August 0.326

 September 0.267

vs. Left 0.302
 vs. Right 0.307
 Home 0.310
 Away 0.300
 Day 0.323
 Night 0.298
 Grass 0.299
 Turf 0.321
 Indoors 0.317
 Outdoors 0.301


but you go right ahead and tell me he is a .280 hitter ... OK ? ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:22 am

wrveres wrote:How many ways can you type .300 ??? :-°
For AROD's career ...

AVG
vs.BAL 0.325
vs.BOS 0.292
vs.ANA 0.331
vs.CWS 0.245
vs.CLE 0.299
vs.DET 0.355
vs.KC 0.316
vs.MIN 0.328
vs.OAK 0.273
vs.SEA 0.293
vs.TEX 0.322
vs.TOR 0.335
vs.TB 0.250

Pre All Star 0.307
Post All-Star 0.304

April 0.321
May 0.317
June 0.303
July 0.307
August 0.326

September 0.267

vs. Left 0.302
vs. Right 0.307
Home 0.310
Away 0.300
Day 0.323
Night 0.298
Grass 0.299
Turf 0.321
Indoors 0.317
Outdoors 0.301


but you go right ahead and tell me he is a .280 hitter ... OK ? ;-7


Yep, .282

You didn't name a price yet. And you didn't show me your projections yet either. How many times have I said "beating around the bush" so far tonight?
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9018
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:29 am

oh you wanna bet cash?

sure.. 100.00 ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:33 am

Done. No backing down now.

And if I lose, I'm paying in Canadian cash :-b but you won't need to worry about that anyway.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9018
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:38 am

and I really wish you would quit telling me about Arlington this and Arlington that ...

He only has 1000 career AB's there ... thats not even 20% of his total 5590 ...

as matter of fact. If you remove his career AB's at Arlington, you wanna know what his Carrer BA is ? .... ..

...

...

.299 ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:40 am

LBJackal wrote:Done. No backing down now.

And if I lose, I'm paying in Canadian cash :-b but you won't need to worry about that anyway.


I am quoting this, so you can't pull a rico and edit it later ... :-b

and fine, you wanna pay in Canadian dollars ... I'l pay in Pesos :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:46 am

wrveres wrote:and I really wish you would quit telling me about Arlington this and Arlington that ...

He only has 1000 career AB's there ... thats not even 20% of his total 5590 ...

as matter of fact. If you remove his career AB's at Arlington, you wanna know what his Carrer BA is ? .... ..

...

...

.299 ;-D


I know, he's had a great career. But over the past 4 years: .282 Road BA. Past 4 years in Yankee Stadium: .274 BA. He's playing half his games on the road, and half his games in Yankee Stadium. So you make whatever calculation you want. If you think .300 is representative of his skill, that's fine. But when you're projecting Sosa's BA do you look at his .277 career BA, or do you look at his recent history? Do you look at Bonds' .300 career BA, or do you look at his recent history?

And what the hell are your projections for A-Rod and Beltran!?!?! Jeez, I've asked like 5 times.

BTW next year Pesos could be worth more than Canadian dollars so I might be gettin a sweet deal :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9018
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron