Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds mistress has "proof" he used steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Bonds mistress has "proof" he used steroids

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:33 am

she was on fox news saturday night with her attorney and geraldo rivera.... pretty interesting segment with her, as she stated she had proof about bonds steroids use locked up in a security box....

here is the link to a partial of it .......
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Drdobs » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 am

Bonds is an idiot... It looks as though he could have paid this girl a cool 200,000 to 250,000 to keep her content and have her go away but he didn't....

Now he's going to be under pressure like NO other.... This opens up the whole can of worms again...
Drdobs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nikku88 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:43 am

I wonder if his mistress used it too. :)
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:43 pm

nikku88 wrote:I wonder if his mistress used it too. :)

ya they probably injected each other together :-b
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -144)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:

I doubt very seriously.....she was smokin' hot.... :-L
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby Garry26 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:02 pm

Drdobs wrote:Bonds is an idiot... It looks as though he could have paid this girl a cool 200,000 to 250,000 to keep her content and have her go away but he didn't....

Now he's going to be under pressure like NO other.... This opens up the whole can of worms again...

The can of worms are opened when you pay my friend. Once you pay, they got you.

If you pay:
1- She can keep blackmailing you whenever she wants cash
2- If you make her sign a contract like Michael Jackson did, it would prevent #1, but people will know your guilty.

The best move is not to pay. Then you have the following options:
1- play it like shes lying. That forces her to show her proof. Which is impossible if shes bluffing.
2- claim extortion and take legal action.
3- attack her reputation (after all shes a tramp to be a "mistress") and make her look like shes out for $$ worse than Canseco
4- attack her credibility with a combination of 1, 2 and 3.

Edit: The beauty of this is if shes trying for $$, she has to hold out on showing her proof or she wont get any. WHich makes it look like shes lying and trying to extort you. It also makes it more possible to take legal action. Its a dangerous game. Thats why she had a lawyer with her.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 36)

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:36 pm

I am sure that Bonds' lawyers will defame here and demand proof that they are sure can't be provided, but the damage is done. There are few who are surprised by this story.

Looks like this will be the year that the steriods that have blown up bodies and stats over the last 20 years now starts to blow up baseball itself.

Shame on MLB to take a game so rich in history and tradition and whore it out to pander to a fickle public and the almighty $. Though the strategy worked to increase interest and revenues, at what cost? Baseball is losing it's credibility. Rather that try to find ways to fix the dents in the game, MLB tried something that a used car salesman like Bud Selig can appreciate: They turned a blind eye as steriods were used like bondo, filling the dents with bloated HRs. Is the mud now starting to fall off of the jalopy that MLB threatens to become?
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:48 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:
Rico The Retard wrote:

I doubt very seriously.....she was smokin' hot.... :-L

:-° That she was. Anyone else see the corollary? Bond girl? Bonds' girl? Heh-heh...heh... !+)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Postby quietstorm » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:34 pm

Garry26 wrote:
Drdobs wrote:Bonds is an idiot... It looks as though he could have paid this girl a cool 200,000 to 250,000 to keep her content and have her go away but he didn't....

The can of worms are opened when you pay my friend. Once you pay, they got you.

If you pay:
1- She can keep blackmailing you whenever she wants cash
2- If you make her sign a contract like Michael Jackson did, it would prevent #1, but people will know your guilty.

The best move is not to pay. Then you have the following options:
1- play it like shes lying. That forces her to show her proof. Which is impossible if shes bluffing.
2- claim extortion and take legal action.
3- attack her reputation (after all shes a tramp to be a "mistress") and make her look like shes out for $$ worse than Canseco
4- attack her credibility with a combination of 1, 2 and 3.

Edit: The beauty of this is if shes trying for $$, she has to hold out on showing her proof or she wont get any. WHich makes it look like shes lying and trying to extort you. It also makes it more possible to take legal action. Its a dangerous game. Thats why she had a lawyer with her.

Bonds isn't stupid. An ad hominem attack would just convince all of the intellectuals and sportswriters that he is guilty, or at least not worth their time. Obviously, Bonds doesn't care what people think of him, but I get the feeling he does care about his cash, and he cares about his records and getting into the HoF. If he makes a big enough idiot of himself, he'll be in jeopardy of missing that.

<voice=commercial>BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!</voice>

Nobody trusts Geraldo as it is. You want to talk about reputations being trashed... Geraldo's has been, for some time. The woman chose the wrong place to go for this.

But, honestly, this isn't a surprise. It's not the end of baseball, though. We've had problems before. Will steroids go the way of ball-scuffing or the spitball? No, probably not. However, at this point, we don't even know what sort of effect they have on baseball. Bonds is one of the best players ever, even without juice. His hand-eye coordination and batting eye are beyond belief.

Baseball has had its problems before. The Dead Ball Era was nothing but the product of a bunch of cheaters doing whatever they could to get ahead. There was the Black Sox scandal. There was Pete Rose. We've had our share of problems.

The sad thing is, baseball fans are purists. We want a traditional sport, without modern technology getting in our ways, without modern "medicine" staining our players and their stats. Other sports align themselves with steroids and gambling. What NFL player was not on steroids in the 70s and 80s? Baseball, though, is a game of numbers, and when those numbers are artificially altered, we gasp in horror.

It's not the proper response. We're as much to blame as anybody else. The signs have been there. We should have known this was coming. We should have voiced our displeasure in a way more tangible than e-mails and message board rants: Those are a pittance to MLB. Money talks, and we needed to yell. We didn't, and the game is changed forever. There's not a lot we can do about it, at this point; steroids will never go away.

But that happens in every sport, does it not? Just look at all the Olympic athletes who are balding with acne, even though they're in their 20s. Go ahead, just try to tell me that's the fault of some genetic mutation common in athletes.

Even the NFL doesn't catch steroid users. David Boston admitted to using performance-enhancing substances. HGH, I believe. And probably other sorts of steroids.

Nobody can catch them. Our good friends from BALCO, and other reputable medical facilities will always be getting a steady supply of funds to do... *ahem*, medical research. They'll come up with new ways to evade tests, even as tests are devised to catch the last generation of steroids. Nobody honestly believes players are going to keep using this generation of drugs, because they're out in the open, now. It's pretty Clear that the Cream of the crop of drugs have been disovered, and will be tested for.

Mr. Bonds, you have my sincerest sympathies. You're one of the best, even without your steroids, but in all your arrogance, you've decided to send our game into a never-ending downward spiral. You'd have a place on the Red Sox, if you know what I mean. For that, I am truly sorry.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers