Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds mistress has "proof" he used steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:18 pm

eftda wrote:
lesgrant wrote:Anyone that uses the gold digging attack here is really just grasping at straws in defense of Bonds. If she hangs onto her phone tapes for the next sixty years to cash in on this story, that does not make the phone tapes themselves phony (no pun).
------------------------
Is she telling the entire truth? Probably not. But the likely falsehoods would come with respects to assertions which can’t be confirmed. A phone message can be confirmed. Grand Jury testimony can, eventually, be confirmed. To say she’s lying about that stuff is burying one’s head in the sand. And with respects to the phone message: the transcripts reveal that Bonds, himself, is saying things that a guy only says to a woman he’s intimate with. I’ve never called my girlfriend and overtly stated, “Yes we have an intimate relationship.” To attack the credibility of the tapes because such a statement is not on them is ridiculous.


Did I miss something in the article.. .Bonds never said her name or the fact that they were in a personal realtionship. And to add about the gold digging... why would you hang onto old messages? Unless you wanted to use them later in life. Shes a 'gold digger'. Also, I have doubts that the tapes are real becase I've never heard them and for the reasons I already have.


You are right. Bonds never addressed this issue. You are also right in that she saved the messages to capitalize later on. Just like Monica with the dress. Who, in their right mind, would keep a soiled dress?? As that case proved, just because she wanted to capitalize on it doesn't mean that she was lying. The same applies here. Her intentions were wrong but does that mean that she's a liar?? I don't think so. Even if she is lying, what she did here doesn't automatically brand her as one.

If her story is true, I actually commend her for saving the messages to cover her a$$.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:24 pm

eftda wrote:
If her story is true, I actually commend her for saving the messages to cover her a$$.


So let me ask you a question... Lofonzo, do you think shes a gold digger?


Overall, yes. She did have a nice career at the time but decided that it wasn't enough. For that, she's a gold digger. That doesn't make her a liar, though. :-?
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby red » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:34 pm

Lupica raised a good point today on the Imus show; not that I'm recommending listening to Imus; but he said, basically: why isn't anyone suing Canseco, or this girl, or whomever...
and I think that's valid.
And it bring in the question of these tapes. If you can prove what you say, you have the right to say it; if you can't, and you mkae it up- then you stand to be sued for a lot of money...
why isn't anyone suing?
McGwire says "never did it. Dont' know what he's talking abuot" but no suit. If the guy is trying to take down your career, wouldn't you fight tooth and nail? Nope. No suit. Just your word v. mine: almost like "I don't want to go to court, present eveidence, and hear your tapes, or see you pictures, or whatever else you have on me."

The fact that Bonds is doing nothing about this girl speaks something in itself.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 503
Joined: 1 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jellyroll » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:38 pm

Whether she's a "golddigger" or not she's looking for money she thinks she's owed. Justified or not. Personally I think any person female or male that stays with someone in expectancy of "gifts" or payment on a house should look hard at themselves morally.

Also note I use steroids regularly... I have asthma. steroids can help recover from injuries and maybe suitably used. She even states that Bonds used to recover from injury.

RIVERA: Kimberly, where do you hope this takes you?


BELL: I would like the equivalent of what was owed to me, which was either the house or the two-years income that I lost which almost equates to each other. And then I want to get on with my life and be able to do so. And at this point, I can't. And it is difficult to watch him on TV every day smiling and talking about what a great familyman he is, what a great athlete and giving credit a lot of credit to a lot of people.


RIVERA: And not you. OK, Kimberly. I appreciate it, Kimberly Bell, Aphrodite Jones. "Bonds' Girl," the book they have on the market.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 526
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies

Postby lesgrant » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:44 pm

eftda wrote:
lesgrant wrote:Anyone that uses the gold digging attack here is really just grasping at straws in defense of Bonds. If she hangs onto her phone tapes for the next sixty years to cash in on this story, that does not make the phone tapes themselves phony (no pun).
------------------------
Is she telling the entire truth? Probably not. But the likely falsehoods would come with respects to assertions which can’t be confirmed. A phone message can be confirmed. Grand Jury testimony can, eventually, be confirmed. To say she’s lying about that stuff is burying one’s head in the sand. And with respects to the phone message: the transcripts reveal that Bonds, himself, is saying things that a guy only says to a woman he’s intimate with. I’ve never called my girlfriend and overtly stated, “Yes we have an intimate relationship.” To attack the credibility of the tapes because such a statement is not on them is ridiculous.


Did I miss something in the article.. .Bonds never said her name or the fact that they were in a personal realtionship. And to add about the gold digging... why would you hang onto old messages? Unless you wanted to use them later in life. Shes a 'gold digger'. Also, I have doubts that the tapes are real becase I've never heard them and for the reasons I already have.


(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

VOICEMAIL: Message marked urgent saved today at 6:14 a.m.

BARRY BONDS, PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER: Hey, you know I hate talking to this thing. You know I can't take it if I don't know where you are. Later.


VOICEMAIL: End of message.

BONDS: You better reach out and page me once in a while or you're up to something other than that. Girl, I ain't playing.

(END AUDIO CLIP)


The above is the phone message transcript from the FOX story. Neither of the Bonds quotes are things a guy would say to a casual female friend. My earlier point was that neither Bonds, nor any other man, would say outright, “We have an intimate relationship.” on an answering machine. I have never said such to anyone I’ve ever dated and I doubt that you’ve said the same to your significant other. To expect such a statement within the context of phone messages between two people having an affair is ridiculous. It’s another one of those unrealistic smoking guns that are the only thing that some would accept to indicate Bonds’ guilt.

For arguments sake let’s just say that she kept the phone messages specifically to blackmail him or make money from the situation, in general. So what? Does that make the tapes themselves phony? No. So what’s your point? Efta, what you are desperately trying to do here is to trash this woman’s credibility by using things that have nothing to do with the credibility of the evidence.

She’s his mistress. So what? Does that make her a liar? No.

She saved phone messages. So what? Does that make those messages a lie? No. Do you honestly think that she had someone impersonate Bonds’ voice on a tape which would be played on national TV? Unlikely. Futhermore, if you read the transcript, the tape says ‘saved today’. There is no date given for when the calls were actually made. So your assumption that the messages were saved for years and years are merely assumptions. The message could have come from last week.

Gold digging is one thing, slandering a national sports figure on TV is quite another. So I guess in your mind the fact that she’s a gold digger is a blanket condemnation of her and any assertion she would make. What if she said Bonds hit her? Would your defense of Bonds be that she’s a gold digger? What if she said he raped her, would your defense be she’s a gold digger and hence should not be trusted about anything?

Given that the story has run on Sprotscenter and you’ve repeatedly contended that since ESPN did not pick the story up, there must not be too much to it, what’s your story now? ESPN ran the story, so is it true now? In fact, every outlet under the sun, at this point, has run that story.

Efta, I understand that Bonds is your guy, but come on. One fan to another, look me in the avatar and say

“Barry Bonds has not used steroids.”

If you seriously believe that, then I have to take anything you say on any topic with a grain of salt.
Image
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 703
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:44 pm

red wrote:Lupica raised a good point today on the Imus show; not that I'm recommending listening to Imus; but he said, basically: why isn't anyone suing Canseco, or this girl, or whomever...
and I think that's valid.
And it bring in the question of these tapes. If you can prove what you say, you have the right to say it; if you can't, and you mkae it up- then you stand to be sued for a lot of money...
why isn't anyone suing?
McGwire says "never did it. Dont' know what he's talking abuot" but no suit. If the guy is trying to take down your career, wouldn't you fight tooth and nail? Nope. No suit. Just your word v. mine: almost like "I don't want to go to court, present eveidence, and hear your tapes, or see you pictures, or whatever else you have on me."

The fact that Bonds is doing nothing about this girl speaks something in itself.


I agree with your logic but need more time. All of this new evidence is relatively new. I'm sure that the lawyers are at least looking at it. Now, why no one has filed suit against the source that leaked the grand jury testimony is another issue. :-?
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby DK » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:00 pm

lesgrant wrote:“Barry Bonds has not used steroids.”

If you seriously believe that, then I have to take anything you say on any topic with a grain of salt.


lesgrant, look me in the avatar and say:

"Barry Bonds has been proven to use steroids."

If you seriously believe that, then I have to take anything you say on any topic with a grain of salt.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9077
(Past Year: -456)
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests